KLu F-16 colour

Lord Riot

After a little research, can I assume I'd be correct in saying that Dutch F-16s are the following greys?

FS36118

FS36270

FS36375

However, as it's 1/48 I'm intending, and I am terrible at handpainting, I want to use rattle cans for all of these. Does anyone know which BS number equivalents I'd need as I cannot find any spray paint companies listing FS numbers. 

Colors are correct, but there are no straight BS equivalents. The easiest is FS 36270 that is not far off BS 637 Medium Sea Grey. Then there's BS638 Dark Sea Grey that can be used in place of FS 36118, not perfectly accurate but not too different. FS 36375 is a different story, as I can't think of any BS colour that comes close.

If you can find them, Tamiya issued some of these colours in spray cans for their F-16 and F-14. I've not used them but I've read that at least the 36375 is not great, in any case it would be better than trying a generic colour. The codes are:

AS27 for FS 36118

AS26 for FS 36375

The closest Tamiya can for FS 36270 is AS7,

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fed.Std colours listed are correct. But also check out the IPMS Nederland website KLu F-16 info at:

https://www.ipms.nl/artikelen/nedmil-luchtvaart/vliegtuigen-g/vliegtuigen-g-gendyn-f16

The different paint brands are also listed there in the "kleuren tabel".

For understanding the Dutch text, use Google Translate.

Edited by meindert
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1