Another 1/48 Apollo recovery Sea King conversion

7 hours ago, Hewy said:

That is looking so nice , I'm  really tempted to build old 66 in 72nd scale from the cyberhobby /dragon kit ,

Looks like a nice kit. Got to be better than my recent experience with the classic Airfix Apollo Recovery kit.

AirfixSeaKing.jpg

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...
On 16/12/2019 at 18:13, andyf117 said:

It doesn't seem to appear in your bottom photo because those parts (T5 and Z4) are inside the sponson - they're for the recessed spotlight in the port unit...

....in your top photo, you can make out the dark area of the square recess in the outer rear part of the sponson - it is just about visible in the bottom one too...

100% correct. I can’t speak for the Sikorsky versions but Westland definitely had a spotlight on the rear inboard starboard sponson. I used to be a maintainer on mk50a kings

• 8 months later...
8 hours ago, Peter Browne said:

I am looking at doing exactly the same.  Studied this blog:

https://oikofuge.com/hasegawa-1-48-sh-3h-apollo-conversion-1/

And thought I'd see if anyone on this forum had done similar...ah well..it seems to be the bees knees in conversion write-ups for this aircraft!

Peter

Thanks (I think). That's my blog. I post here contemporaneously with the build, and the blog posts then trickle out over a period of months thereafter, as I get around to it, interleaved with my other topics.