Slim spray booth

Sparkie

The new compressor has just arrived so now looking at extraction 

The problem being I haven't the widest desk set up (basically MDF board in the corner of the garage) but its big enough and doesn't need packing away, meaning that an extractor will take up some of the precious space so I don't want it to come out too far from the wall

I am considering 2 options - a DIY one using a slim cooker hood (Amazon) on its back venting  out or a BenchVent BV300S-D Airbrush Spray Booth (GraphicAir

Ive read all the threads about DIY ones and the risks involved, but still would rather not lose the space - but if anyone has the BV300s, what the depth of the unit without the shroud? As I can still use the area under the shroud I am happy with that, but I would need to see how far it will come out of the wall

If anyone can recommend another slimline unit as well, that would be great too 🙂 

5 hours ago, Sparkie said:

if anyone has the BV300s, what the depth of the unit without the shroud? As I can still use the area under the suuhroud I am happy with that, but I would need to see how far it will come out of the wall

Aye up Sparkie.

I've got the B300S-D and its a great bit of kit. The unit depth without the shroud is around 20cm front to back and about 40cm with the shroud fitted. The added bonus is that it vents from the top of the unit so it can fit flush against the wall. I actually have the shroud fitted upside down with a glass shelf from B&Q on the top to allow plenty of light into the work area.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by fatfingers
  • Like 2

Thanks Steve, just the info I was after and like the idea of of the glass shelf at the top

The top vent is what drew me to this kit as the cheap ones available all vent from the back so will push the unit further into the desk area

I just need to get my head around paying more than my compressor and airbrush put together on a box with a fan in it compared to a £50 kitchen unit :hmmm:

Mark

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sparkie said:

I just need to get my head around paying more than my compressor and airbrush put together on a box with a fan in it compared to a £50 kitchen unit :hmmm:

Mark

Aye up Mark,

I know what you mean about justifying the cost. Took me a while to convince myself about buying one. Glad i did as it really is a great bit of kit with a good 'suck' Still wear a mask when spraying tho!

Regards,

Steve

If you decide that you can't justify the expense of the £300 one, as I couldn't, I went for one that cost about £80 (with LED lights built in) and put it in the corner so the ridiculous protuberance hanging out the back wouldn't take up as much space. It's a very comfortable position to use as I can rest my spraying arm on the desk.

630331-20442-79.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gorby said:

If you decide that you can't justify the expense of the £300 one, as I couldn't, I went for one that cost about £80 (with LED lights built in) and put it in the corner so the ridiculous protuberance hanging out the back wouldn't take up as much space. It's a very comfortable position to use as I can rest my spraying arm on the desk.

630331-20442-79.jpg

That's the cheap one i was looking at, the rear vent means i couldn't push it all the way to the wall and the desk is only about a metre wide so i can't really lose the end of it for the booth

I am considering how i can maybe use a trolley to move it in and out from by the side of me, Ill get a photo posted when i can as it will make more sense I suppose, anything to avoid the big bucks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PLC1966 said:

Blimey Gorsy, how do you find anything on a desk that tidy ?

That was the unveiling of the new plastic-butchering slab before any blood had been drawn.

I took this five mins ago:

7cb057d65e88418b5c1091964da7ef90.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1