Airfix 54mm Polish Lancer- first figure since 1970's

I confess I make planes and nothing else so this is a radical departure for me! In the early/mid '70's I made a few Waterloo 54mm kits which were still in my mother's house until we cleared it recently, seeing them again and noting how badly made they were made me seek out a few new ones. So here is my first adult built figure some 40 years + after the last one. Painting is acrylics with some oil as washes and shading. I spent quite a while cruising the Planet Figure Forum and some demos before starting and picked up some tips. So here's my first attempt...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 25

Looks good 😎 

I model all-sorts, figures, ships, cars, aircraft, AFVs - a jack of all trades and expert at none. Don't let the genre bother you, there are plenty of transferrable skills - the only thing holding you back will be yourself. Explore the other genres and enjoy your modelling 🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 14/02/2021 at 11:55, AdrianMF said:

Nice work! Instantly familiar as I built three in my teens - two Airfix, one Historex. There was a model shop in central Birmingham that displayed a beautiful made up Historex one, which was what set me off.

Regards,

Adrian

How far back  - wasn't  the  mid 70s was it?

Erk.

3 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Certainly was - in the little passage next to Hudson’s bookshop by the New Street Station ramp....

Wondered if you ment  Barnbys?   byt that was further up  towards Snoe Hill Station  on Colmore Row.

Erk.

• Like 1