Best f-35 kit in 1/48?

Army80

So as the title says who makes the best (most accurate) representation of the f-35 in 1/48? I've heard all the horror stories of the kitty hawk kits and have only seen 1 or 2 reviews of the meng kit. Wanting to see what everyone's opinions are and if when deciding of your preferred kid did you have to use any aftermarket to improve the overall kit. Thanks🍻

Edited by Army80

14 hours ago, Army80 said:

So as the title says who makes the best (most accurate) representation of the f-35 in 1/48? I've heard all the horror stories of the kitty hawk kits and have only seen 1 or 2 reviews of the meng kit. Wanting to see what everyone's opinions are and if when deciding of your preferred kid did you have to use any aftermarket to improve the overall kit. Thanks🍻

If you want a good F-35A then go for the Meng kit, which is superb. If you want the F-35B or F-35C then you need to go with Kitty Hawk as they are the only game in town for those variants. 

I had to make the same choice a few months ago, went with the Meng kit which built up into a lovely kit. I added the Eduard Zoom kit for the cockpit, but other than that it was OOB.

Whichever one you go for, good luck with the masking. 🤭

I'm building the meng kit right now. Fit is phenomenal! I closed up the weapon bay doors and the fit is just about perfect considering each side is four pieces. They mate up perfectly as long as you are careful test fitting them. The vertical stabilizers do have a tricky seam to fill, though, as the seam runs through panel lines. Other than that, I have not used any filler anywhere else.