Tiger I 1/35

Tiger I 1/35, straight out of the box, except the ropes, they are from something office copy machine. Impression from the model,... it's my first and last model from this manufacturer. Very soft plastic, a lot of pin marks even on a small detail, but nevertheless fitting are ok in general.

DSC06940

DSC06932

DSC06931

DSC06930

DSC06923

DSC06922

DSC06917

DSC06912

DSC06911

DSC06910

DSC06908

DSC06905

DSC06904

DSC06903

DSC06901

DSC06900

DSC06899

DSC06898

DSC06897

DSC06896

DSC06895

DSC06894

DSC06893

DSC06892

DSC06890

DSC06888

Thank you for looking, and by the way it's my first attempt to make a tank model,... so any comments are wellcome. ;)

Edited by maverick_62
Reload photos
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Its a very nice model and you've made a good job of it. I have one question for you. What size are your photos? They seem to be a little bit too big as they are taking a long time to open up.

John.

8 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Its a very nice model and you've made a good job of it. I have one question for you. What size are your photos? They seem to be a little bit too big as they are taking a long time to open up.

John.

The size of photos approximately 200-250 kb.

Nice build and well painted model. Is that an Academy kit?

You might want to look at the rear Fender on the left, you seem to have glued the right side one to the left side. Or was that done with purpose?

Edited by Soeren

Good lucking Tiger, nicely painted and weathered, particularly like the paint effect on the exhausts and internals. 

As mentioned previously might want to have a look at that rear fender.

Good job.

Darryl

12 hours ago, Soeren said:

Nice build and well painted model. Is that an Academy kit?

You might want to look at the rear Fender on the left, you seem to have glued the right side one to the left side. Or was that done with purpose?

Not, it's Rye Field Model kit.

Looks like you're right about left fender. It should be on the right side, and vice versa. I've only just now noticed. Thanks for the comment.

Hi Maverick,

After reading your intro I was expecting to see a bit of a duff model. I was wrong. The external details on the Early Tiger are in nearly every instance better than Tamiya's, very 'clean' and precise and more er... detailed. Obviously the interior is a 'bonus' but as ever, hard to justify when it's mostly going to be covered up. The engine and cooling fans are a definite cherry on the cake though, great for opening up in a diorama setting.

On that last point, the hatch for the cooling fans wouldn't stay open like that, it would fall down. There should be  spring loaded latches on the engine and fan hatches that engage with catches on the deck and hold each of the hatches back when they are opened past 90 degrees, but I see you've left the latches off (no doubt for practical reasons) Yes, you'd have to move the tow cables out of the way, but that's not too big a deal. (The 'ropes' as you called them, are metal cables)

So, despite your reservations about the amount of pin marks, I think it's actually a very nice kit and you've done a great job (ignoring the couple of 'errors')

Your paint finish is lovely, with a nice colour palette, and the weathering subtle but extremely effective And I can't see any obvious pin marks, so you did a good job there as well.

A great Tiger!

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder

Hello, Badder

You're absolutely right about open hatches, and i'll take that it into consideration, when this tank will becames a part of diorama. The first idea was to build this Tiger with all open hatches, raised turret and 16t strabokran as well. And i hope to make it, when my enthusiasm to this project rise up once again.  ;)

Edited by maverick_62

• 3 weeks later...