1/48 Airfix Seafire XVII - RNAS Yeovilton 1950

Hi All,

So off the back of my 1/48 Airfix Spitfire Fr Mk. XIVe build I decided to have a go at another one of Airfix's 1/48 offerings, this time of a navalised variety a Seafire XVII.

I chose the Seafire XVII as the majority of the XVII's were built where I work and this specific example, SX156, ended up operating from RNAS Yeovilton just down the road from where I live - so it has a close connection to where I live and work.

The build was straight forward, simple and enjoyable - I particularly like the white tail!

Seafire XVIII, SX156, of 767 NAS,Deck Landing Control Officer Training Unit, RNAS Yeovilton, 1950.

IMGP0331

IMGP0329

IMGP0327

IMGP0324

IMGP0323

IMGP0321

IMGP0318

IMGP0316

I must admit, the Seafire XVII is now drawing with the Spitfire XIVe as my favourite Spitfire!

Now wondering what to build next.... Either a Seafire Fr.47, a Westland Wyvern, or another Spitfire Fr XIV - which one should I build next?!

Cheers,

Ben

• Like 32

Thanks all :)

Glad it's got some good comments, I was worried that I had made a bit of a mistake when I put the final spray varnish on too heavy and lost a bit of panel line crispness around the wing route!

Cheers,

Ben