Omaha

On 27/12/2019 at 20:06, sanfrandragon said:

Even without the water I think this pic is superb.  The action poses are just right, and the seaweed covered 'asparagus' is a nice touch.  The exposure is very evocative of Saving Private Ryan.

Thanks,

Ive tried to mute the colours as much as possible and make it more saturated to try and get that saving private ryan feel too it. even lifted a few scxense out of the movie as a subtle nod. the guy being dragged out the water by Miller and the guy with the blown off arm carrying it back to the medics. Im pretty much finished now so need to take a few decent pics of it and put it ready for inspection.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, ProjeKtWEREWOLF said:

I don't know if I missed it, but what was the process involved in creating the shell splash?  

Hi, I didnt really cover it TBH. Basically i got some onlg lengths of clear sprue and bent them into shape with heat. then glued them all together in a kind of tree like form. I then got some clear silicone sealer and stuck the applicatior tube thing right over each sprue and squirted the silicone on whilst sliding it off creating each "branch" of the explosion. I leth that dry then covered the whole thing with woodland scenics water effects, using a stipping motion to get more peaks at different angles. Then when that dried i glued it in place and stuck some synthetic stuffing around the base with some sticking above the waterline where the resin was due to go. I poured the resin then when that set added moree stuffing and water effects where i felt nessecary i also gave it a dry brush or white here and there too. It was a bit trail and error and the silicone didnt dry as clear as i originally figured but it actually looked better as its more churned up rather than being clear.

Unfortunatley/fortunatley I have a very cavalier approch to modelling which means I dont get alot of WIP and technique shots as I kinda just "YEET/Leroy Jenkins" alot of things and see how they turn out. I'm nowhere near as methodical and accurate as alot of people on here sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

Hi, I didnt really cover it TBH. Basically i got some onlg lengths of clear sprue and bent them into shape with heat. then glued them all together in a kind of tree like form. I then got some clear silicone sealer and stuck the applicatior tube thing right over each sprue and squirted the silicone on whilst sliding it off creating each "branch" of the explosion. I leth that dry then covered the whole thing with woodland scenics water effects, using a stipping motion to get more peaks at different angles. Then when that dried i glued it in place and stuck some synthetic stuffing around the base with some sticking above the waterline where the resin was due to go. I poured the resin then when that set added moree stuffing and water effects where i felt nessecary i also gave it a dry brush or white here and there too. It was a bit trail and error and the silicone didnt dry as clear as i originally figured but it actually looked better as its more churned up rather than being clear.

Unfortunatley/fortunatley I have a very cavalier approch to modelling which means I dont get alot of WIP and technique shots as I kinda just "YEET/Leroy Jenkins" alot of things and see how they turn out. I'm nowhere near as methodical and accurate as alot of people on here sorry.

Thanks for the walkthrough!  

I too am rubbish at documenting my work. I intend to, but then I don't. But my work sucks. 😁

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ProjeKtWEREWOLF said:

Thanks for the walkthrough!  

I too am rubbish at documenting my work. I intend to, but then I don't. But my work sucks. 😁

I doubt it does suck bud. 

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...