Tamiya 1/48 USAF F-16 CJ

Hello!

Just finished this project. A really nice kit, even though not without a few issues. I mean, being a Tamiya I would never expect so many pin marks. And they’re everywhere. Some easily removed, some simply impossible to do so. And some I’ve just noticed after start painting. For instance, the canopy frame had no less than eight of them; easy to remove, but still…

Regarding engineering, with the sole exception of the air intake lip, which is a really poor fit (too wide), requiring lots of sanding and scribing in a very detailed area, everything else went smooth.

I’ve used only Eduard PE and masks. Hope you’ll enjoy!

Chees!

George

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 37

1 hour ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Simply outstanding!

Thank you!

55 minutes ago, FortyEighter said:

Fantastic!

Thank you!

33 minutes ago, Baldy said:

Very nicely finished Viper George. Very convincing weathering. Surprised that the Tamiya kit had problems but you have coped with them very well.

Cheers

Malcolm

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Impressive looking Viper. :thumbsup:   I agree with the comment on Tamiya and their placement of injection pin marks.  All their kits are the same. :wtf:

I wouldn't say all of them, really. I've built some Tamiya before but this one is far worse....

Thanks!!

1 hour ago, russ c said:

Really nice F-16 there George, looks superb

Thank you!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George72 said:

I wouldn't say all of them, really. I've built some Tamiya before but this one is far worse....

I have various Tamiya F-16 kits and a couple F-117s and F-14s that have a lot in annoying places.  Their Me 262 has them on the legs and on the detailed inside of the undercarriage doors but HobbyBoss manage to make their Me 262 without the ejector pin marks.  It can be done. :shrug:

2 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

I have various Tamiya F-16 kits and a couple F-117s and F-14s that have a lot in annoying places.  Their Me 262 has them on the legs and on the detailed inside of the undercarriage doors but HobbyBoss manage to make their Me 262 without the ejector pin marks.  It can be done. :shrug:

I'll have to agree on that!! Cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paulaero said:

That's a very nice Viper, shame to hear you had problems with the build ?  I fancy doing one of the splinter aggressors 

Thank you! As I said, in general a good kit, but they should and could do better.