1/48 - Handley Page Victor B.2 3D printed resin kit by Lost British Projects - 3D renders+test model - release in ?

Homebee

Lost British Projects is to release a 1/48th Handley Page Victor B.2 3D printed resin kit

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=698218020664711&id=566804443806070

WE start printing the first 1/48th victor MK2 soon i will add construction pics so you all can see the model in its diffrent stages we hope to be taking orders ASAP

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, 593jones said:

I'm half afraid to ask, but how much would one of those cost?

Well, you got a spare kidney, don't you?

Check the price tag for the Vulcan:

spacer.png

Cheers,

S.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 593jones said:

I suspect it might take the sale of a kidney and a lung, but what the hell  :)

If they aren't yours, it's not that painful.

The main problem is hiding the body.

S.

• Haha 8

16 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Those are Skybolts.

Thanks, but this is not my point.

But if you read the poster, you see the kit includes Skybolt missiles (as shown) AND Blue Steel AND Polaris air-launched system, which I didn't know about.

S.

• 2 weeks later...

12 parts for the wing jigsaw would make a really tricky way to build up a nice smooth wing. :hmmm: I think I saw the Vulcan's wings being put together somewhere (I forget where), and it was a big job with lots of heavy-duty sanding needed afterwards, which would by necessity obliterate any detail.  I'm skeptical of achieving a satisfactory finish, sadly. :(

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mike said:

12 parts for the wing jigsaw would make a really tricky way to build up a nice smooth wing. :hmmm: I think I saw the Vulcan's wings being put together somewhere (I forget where), and it was a big job with lots of heavy-duty sanding needed afterwards, which would by necessity obliterate any detail.  I'm skeptical of achieving a satisfactory finish, sadly. :(

I will have to be very well designed to minimize gaps and steps. And the prints have to be very precis as well.
Like you say, it looks like it will be a hazzle to get a good result.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/11/2019 at 2:43 PM, Mike said:

I think I saw the Vulcan's wings being put together somewhere (I forget where), and it was a big job with lots of heavy-duty sanding needed afterwards, which would by necessity obliterate any detail. 

Yeh, as Frank said, it was Alan Wilson's 1/48 Icelandic Fine Art resin (and beautiful) Vulcan B.2 kit.

6 hours ago, Homebee said:

85049611-782675055552340-688833791734159

No love for deployed airbrakes? :fraidnot:

Yeh, isn't there...?

Cheers,

Unc2

• 3 weeks later...

Spoke to Rikki, of Wolfe Aerospace and he's looking to go for the 1/48 Victor launch at ModelKraft in May; they had problems with the resin curing in the cold and his 3d printer designer has moved into new premises where the temperature controlled climate will aide curing and better print times. It looks like he will be offering all versions of the Victor, so it should be an Aladdin's cave of wants. He's also looking at doing a 1/32 Vulcan and possibly a 1/48 Vickers Valiant B.2 (the all black version). The Victor had some interesting colour schemes and I think they look much better than the camouflage versions. There's a limit to detail, of how much one can add to the overall design and since these are desktop models, realistically, there is not going to be a lot of detail but once all painted with decals, they will look spectacular, especially the sheer size and majesty. 

Also if you noticed in the 3d CAD drawings of the Victor, the whole structure was divided into many parts; the reason for this, is so that each part can fit onto the bed plate to accommodate the size of the prints and that's the reason why they are sliced up the way they are shown. The resin resolution is quite good but it is not so strong, so it is printed in thick cross sections to assist in strength, just don't drop these models, otherwise they will shatter.

Alan

• Like 1

Attended the Peterborough Model Show today, wandered around and managed to see Wolfe Aerospace stand, with their latest 1/48 Handley Page Victor B.2 and it looked every bit a Victor, well made and representative in outline. The price is very good at £380, considering a company like Shapeways would charge around £8000! to 3d print it. This is definitely a model I would recommend to any serious collectors/modellers and Rikki is also offering other versions. I looked at the air intakes and they are all seamless and smooth, nicely done; again the undercarriage nicely detailed and within scale and there was talk of if the numbers were there, they might scale it up to 1/32 scale and now there's a thought. The Victor is a seriously big aircraft model and well worth the price tag.

Alan

• Like 3

Source: https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=798621420624370&id=566804443806070

Thanks to Peterborough model crew for a realy good event bugged airfix to get our victor in the magazine! !

Well you just have to get free PR eh a bribe of short bread was made!!

88097076-798620890624423-291403860485236

88024785-798620907291088-216282566631830

88101832-798620960624416-674308560231438

V.P.
Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2