1/32 - BAC TSR-2 resin kit by Icelandic Fine Art & Lost British Projects - released

Homebee

Lost British Projects & Icelandic Fine Art are to release a 1/32nd BAC TSR-2 3D resin kit

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=698233960663117&id=566804443806070

COMING IN 2020 A 1/32 TSR2 FULL INTERNAL DETAIL ALL RESIN 3d printed IN CONJUNCTION WITH ICELANDIC FINE ART.

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg&key=454549e46694cda5ab5f

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, nicholas mayhew said:

they are talking a price tag of £500+ btw...

Rikki Wolfe (BLP) is going to be selling his 1/48th Vulcan for £185, if my memory serves me correctly. That price includes a very comprehensive weapons load, strong undercarriage parts and decals. 

Bearing that in mind, 500 quid plus for the 1/32 TSR-2 sound a bit "over the odds", to be frank (but I am only basing that on a potential price comparison between the two).  I'm sure the big TSR-2 will involve a huge amount of work to produce, so I am happy to be proven wrong on this one. 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

1 hour ago, spruecutter96 said:

Rikki Wolfe (BLP) is going to be selling his 1/48th Vulcan for £185, if my memory serves me correctly. That price includes a very comprehensive weapons load, strong undercarriage parts and decals. 

Bearing that in mind, 500 quid plus for the 1/32 TSR-2 sound a bit "over the odds", to be frank (but I am only basing that on a potential price comparison between the two).  I'm sure the big TSR-2 will involve a huge amount of work to produce, so I am happy to be proven wrong on this one. 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

Alan's Vulcan is £184. The BLP offering was £245 at St Ives show.

I see Rikki Wolfe has made this official, we were just throwing ideas around and sort of agreed that a 32nd TSR.2 would be a good idea. I had already decided that I wanted to do a TSR.2 but the huge amount of work involved would delay other projects and whilst I was prepared to go it alone, it made sense to work a joint project with Wolfe Aerospace, since Rikki is well experienced in this sort of field and frees me up to do other parts of the project. Its a huge project but no price was mentioned and I certainly did not mention cost. The ultimate cost lays with Rikki's 3d printer designer, so the costs are out of my hands. I am not doing this for money anyway, but for the sheer technical challenge and end result, a TSR.2, in glorious white!

Alan

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thirteen years ago I was reliably told by someone connected with the TSR.2 project that most of the avionics on display behind opened hatches on the flanks of the museum examples is a mish-mash of spares made "to look the part". Meteorological black boxes and so on.

But that they've existed like that for a long time makes for an accurate model of what survives.

I would relish a 1/32 TSR.2, if affordable. It may cost a bit more (says he potentially inflating things) but investment cast brass LG legs might be nice. The quirky undercarriage is an essential part of its character. 

Tony 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tony.t said:

but investment cast brass LG legs might be nice. The quirky undercarriage is an essential part of its character. 

Tony 

I would hazard a guess and say they were essential given the scale of the subject. 

Chris.

• Like 1

That is more or less correct, not much remains of the equipment, electronics wise, as some of the electronics was new developments, whilst other items was off the shelf commodities. Having worked in the defence industry for many years, one becomes acquainted with common equipment, its I.D.s and operational type. In the military we use to have a saying, if it looks right it is right, regardless of whether something is representative of the real thing or not. The Canadians have done a good job of preserving and reconstructing lots of the Arrow programme and they have many of the original people who worked on the project. The difference is, there are actual TSR.2s that are preserved. 

Its all a question of using methods to depict an aircraft representative of the period.

Alan

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/27/2019 at 3:13 PM, spruecutter96 said:

Keep in mind that 3D printing is expensive for such large parts. Commercial printers charge by volume of material used, and as you scale up a model the volume goes up at least by x^2 (where x is one of the main dimensions), if you design very carefully. I've done this a few times: designed parts in 1/144, then scaled them up and optimized for 1/72. The cost quadrupled.

On 10/27/2019 at 11:13 AM, spruecutter96 said:

Hi Chris,

Mind you telling me what this BLP 1/48 Vulcan is all about, please?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Unc2

• 2 months later...