Revell Norseman, Swedish Air Force

Time to get a bit of undercoat on:

Swedeman10_zpsrsc9aqz8.jpg

This is one thin brushed coat of new Humbrol 46 Matt Orange. The coverage is remarkable, this is the best coverage of an orange or yellow modelling enamel that I've ever seen.  I'll probably use 18 Gloss Orange for the final coat.

John

• Like 7

Hi John,

It could easily be mistaken for a Japanese trainer/prototype in that colour😎. Reminds me of Pat's Frog Rita build!

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:16 PM, PeterB said:

Hi John,

It could easily be mistaken for a Japanese trainer/prototype in that colour😎. Reminds me of Pat's Frog Rita build!

Pete

I think it's the same Humbrol code but that doesn't guarantee it's the same colour...🙄

When I checked the enamel against BS381 chips it came out as a spot-on visual match for BS381c 568 Apricot:

https://www.e-paint.co.uk/Lab_values.asp?cRange=BS 381C&cRef=BS381C 568&cDescription=Apricot

John

• Like 1

You know when you've been Tango'd:

Swedeman12_zpsz6pi1qok.jpg

Getting the wings on and the struts lined up is a bit of a 3-handed job. The model needs some filling in the wing roots and the paintwork finished off before final details and decals.

John

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a frenetic couple of weeks at work and my modelling time has been severely constrained, so I'm not going to finish any of my 3 builds by the deadline. 

I'll move them over and start WiPs for them. They're too much fun not to complete, and I'm on holiday now so I'll have a bit more bench time. 

John 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...