T-28D, Pochentong Air Base, Khmer Republic 1971

Hi Everyone,

Hope you don`t mind seeing another T-28 fresh from the Kitchen table ( I`ve got a thing about Vietnam era T-28`s )

VjRdUL5.jpg

Roden`s 1/48 kit  ( actually from the `B` boxing but done to represent a `D` )

gbtkwC5.jpg

Finished to represent an aircraft of the Khmer ( Cambodian ) Air Force towards the end of the South East Asia Conflicts

gmUuYC0.jpg

They were supplied to the Khmers under a programme called Project Flycatcher but I`m not entirely sure if this was one of those.

b3RcfQ6.jpg

Built mostly from the kit but with some weapons pylons made from some from the spares box and some plastic sheet

PfnaLAN.jpg

Napalm tanks are modified Trumpy Dragonfly items and a couple of antenna from the stash with wire whip aerial

Zskxk34.jpg

Decals came from AOA`s`Trainers No More` sheet

DYhJCqB.jpg

Had a bit of a headache with this one as both fuselage halves were short shot around the nose bear bay

Mztsle8.jpg

but the extra filler helps keep the nose down.

Hope you enjoy the pic`s, thanks for looking

Cheers Russ

• Like 39

22 minutes ago, ForestFan said:

Excellent job. Any fit issues as I’ve got this to build. Thanks 

Thanks FF : it`s a top end limited edition type moulding so everything needs a little bit of work. There`s some gaps at the wing roots I always end up filling. The hardest bit I found is getting the control columns off the sprues in one peice and I always reinforce the nose undercarriage leg with some foil and superglue as it`s very fragile. Ejector pin stubs are quite large in places and the decals are brittle, impervious to setting solutions and require lots of heat to bed them down if you do try to use them. 

Hope this helps, cheers Russ

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kampartiger said:

Keep it coming Russ...always a pleasue looking at your fleet of Asian Trojans! Btw any chances for us to see a Filipino AT-28 Tora Tora in the future?

Thanks K`, I may do one day, but I`ve a few more Vietnam ones planned first.

Cheers Russ

4 hours ago, Reini78 said:

Another nicely done Roden beast 😁:thumbsup:

How many T-28s are there now in your collection?

Thanks Reini, there`s 6 at the moment, 1 Vietnam AF ( gone a bit yellow due for a refurb` ), 1 Laos AF, 1 Special Op`s, 1 Raven`s, 1 Farm Gate and this one. so far..........

Cheers Russ

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ijs302 said:

very nice finish and some great restrained weathering , very nice revetments how did you make them 

Thanks i`, the revetments were cut from the bottom of some Noy`s Minatures 1/48 Vietnam back drops that were a bit too small for most of my stuff and glued onto some plastic sheet.

Cheers Russ

That's another stunner Russ, cracking job! I recently acquired a B boxing off a friend complete with Xtradecal sheet and planned on doing the  drone controller BD option - but your lovely model has me re-thinking now!

Keith

• Thanks 1