1/32 Hawker Tempest Mk.V, Special Hobby.

This is a build from a couple of years ago which has been resurrected and cleaned up. When I built this I was quite pleased with it until I was taking the pictures. I was trying to take a picture to compare to the one shot of the real aircraft I could find. I just couldn't get the angle quite right and it dawned on me that I have a model with one wing slightly low! I did take the model around the show circuit and only a very few noticed but it nagged at me and she was swiftly retired to the Loft. However, a friend loved it and started his Mk.II. Forewarned by my problem has done a splendid job including a metal spar to keep things in line (He's and engineer or something!). Anyway, he has asked me to resurrect my errant build to display at Telford alongside his Mk.II so here she is.

Actually, it is an absolutely beautiful kit - Special Hobby have come a long way. Other than the wing, the only problems I had was resurrection of lost panel and rivet lines on the nose after cleaning up the joint. Everything is out of the box except for the radio aerial which is nickel wire.

So, with a warning to prospective builders........

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And this is the picture I was trying to emulate....

spacer.png

Cheers

Malcolm

• Like 30
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, colin said:

Lovely Tempest, look forward to seeing it in the flesh at Telford

Thanks Colin - should be on the 580 Modellers stand. Come and say hello.

1 hour ago, russ c said:

Beautiful looking Tempest there Malcolm, great job!

Thanks Russ

1 hour ago, binbrook87 said:

That's a beauty!

Thanks Binbrook

Cheers

Malcolm