Mozzy built a Mozzy

This is Tamiya’s 1/48 Mosquito Mk VI in 82sqn markings. Extras for this build were Eduard’s canopy mask set and zoom interior etch along with Master gun barrels and EagleCal decals. This is the third Mosquito I’ve built but it’s the first one that I’ve been pleased with.

20191025_134422

20191025_134441

20191025_134450

20191025_134532

20191025_134516

20191025_134501

Sean :pilot:

• Like 37
  • Thanks 2

Excellent job,.... your Mossie looks superb in SEAC silver.

Can I just say,..... 82 Sqn had a small anti glare panel in front of the pilots position,.... and many had the serial repeated on the tail fin too, plus coloured spinners,....... some say they were red, others that they were red or blue depending on the flight they belonged to,.... you can easily add the anti glare panel and the spinners if you wish,...just to finish your wonderful model off,..... here are a few ref pictures;

mosquitos-82-sqn.jpg

mosquito-82-sqn-ux.jpg

And my own diddy 1/72nd model;

DSCF7939.jpg

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, tonyot said:

Excellent job,.... your Mossie looks superb in SEAC silver.

Can I just say,..... 82 Sqn had a small anti glare panel in front of the pilots position,.... and many had the serial repeated on the tail fin too, plus coloured spinners,....... some say they were red, others that they were red or blue depending on the flight they belonged to,.... you can easily add the anti glare panel and the spinners if you wish,...just to finish your wonderful model off,..... here are a few ref pictures;

mosquitos-82-sqn.jpg

And my own diddy 1/72nd model;

DSCF7939.jpg

Thanks Tony. When I next have the black paint out, I’ll sort out the anti-glare panel although I think I’ll leave the spinners. I quite like it with the metal spinners 👍.

Sean.

Ps, very nice Mosquito.

• Like 2