1/34 T54B Viet Nam People Army Tank (Takom)

TuanNA

Really like it. Reminds me of my honeymoon to Vietnam in 2005. Wonderful country. I never thought for one minute I'd go to Vietnam for my honeymoon. 

Amusingly I noted that the tanks that crashed through the gates of the Presidential palace in Saigon are displayed in both Ho Chi Minh city and Hanoi. 

But hey the winners write the history. 

But I do admire the Vietnamese. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, noelh said:

Really like it. Reminds me of my honeymoon to Vietnam in 2005. Wonderful country. I never thought for one minute I'd go to Vietnam for my honeymoon. 

Amusingly I noted that the tanks that crashed through the gates of the Presidential palace in Saigon are displayed in both Ho Chi Minh city and Hanoi. 

But hey the winners write the history. 

But I do admire the Vietnamese. 

Dear Noelh.

Thank you for thinking well about our country.  14 years after you first visit our country,  our country is much more beautiful. and it's a pleasure to welcome you again

About  the tanks that crashed through the gates of the Presidential palace in Saigon are displayed in both Ho Chi Minh city and Hanoi.  In fact, on April 30, 1975, the 4th company attacked the Independence Palace with two tanks 843 and 390. The 843 approaching first but it was stucked on the left side door. The 390 rushed in after that and become the first tank crashed through the gates of the Presidential palace.

So that our history still records that there were two tanks that crashed through the gates of the Presidential palace. Now, the 843 is displayed in Hanoi and the 390 displayed in Ho Chi Minh City

xe-tang-huc-do-cong-giaoduc-net-vn.jpg

Edited by TuanNA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful work Tuan. I particularly like the sheen on the paintwork in places, and the more matt finish in others. I think this is an effect that many AFV modellers overlook.

Rearguards

Badder

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...