1 72 scale british gun carrier dio,

bazer

This gun carrier was used in july 1917 in france the idea was to be able to carry large guns over rough ground easily, and remains the first self propelled vehicles as it could fire the gun from carrier but was more often dismounted at a firing point. the gun was carried on a sledge at the front and the wheels on the sides of the carrier it could carry a 60 pounder or a 6 inch gun, please forgive me all of you who know all this but thought it needed a little info.
 For my dio I decided to have the carrier at the firing point with the gun being lowered to the ground with one wheel attached and the other being brought round to gun also carrier being unloaded.

Bike kit and figs are from W D models.

DSCN7571 DSCN7581 DSCN7573 DSCN7574 DSCN7585 DSCN7579 DSCN7578 DSCN7575 DSCN7576 DSCN7587 DSCN7588 DSCN7572 DSCN7586

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Great stuff again bazer, and I for one was glad of the info as I'd never heard of this beast before! Cracking dio of an imposing machine! I've got that bike and rider in the stash (together with some more excellent WD models kits) - really must have a go at them!

Lovely work! 👍

Keith

• Like 1

On 23/10/2019 at 19:49, keefr22 said:

Great stuff again bazer, and I for one was glad of the info as I'd never heard of this beast before! Cracking dio of an imposing machine!

Lovely work! 👍

Keith

Not very often I agree with Keith,but Ditto.

mohawk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...