Valom 1/72 Vickers Valetta

WV908

Wow! What excellent news: didn't see this one coming.

Another one to come off my wish-list (sub-section "wishful thinking") - never expected to see an injection moulded one. Put me down for at least... 2. One in 52 Squadron Far East Air Force markings with a splash of red 'Fabglo' on the tail, nose and wings or maybe a similarly marked Fighter Command (!) Communications Squadron one. If the Vickers Viking is forthcoming then a highly polished King's / Queen's Flight aircraft would be hard to resist.

What are Valom kits like? I've never actually bought one, although I do have their Twin Pin on order.

Rich

PS Now what about following up with a nice HP Hastings to go with it... :whistle:

Edited by RichG
  • Like 3

Rich, the Valom kits can be a bit of work (although nothing really out of the ordinary for limited-run kits) - I've built their Yak-7B and their early Yak-9. However, the detail is good, they seem to be accurate enough and if you've built limited-run kits before, I don't think there's anything you couldn't handle. I'm tempted to buy this Viking, especially if they come out with a Varsity to put alongside it. And I'm definitely in for a Hastings.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's a great choice by Valom and there's a nice variety of colour schemes which can be applied to it. 

Valom, together with Mach 2 and Sword have been rolling out some much needed RAF and Fleet Air Arm types to help us loosen the hinges on our wallets. Let's encourage them all further by buying their kits whenever we can. 

• Like 4

On 10/23/2019 at 9:04 PM, stevehnz said:

Not the sort of aircraft I could normally get excited about, both the Valetta & the Viking strike me as being funny looking short tubby aircraft, worthy though their place in aviation history surely is,  then I saw this version & thought, hell yes! :)

Steve.

Ooh yes.  Like it.  Ypu can't have too much dayglo, in my opinion.  Maybe A2Zee or Freightdog will make a new nose for it.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2019 at 9:37 PM, 71chally said:

Lovely shot of the subject Valetta here,

VICKERS VALETTA C.1 WD157 RAF ASC

Malcolm Nason - Flickr

There are so many wonderful schemes that Valettas served in, I really hope Valom nail this.

Lovely photo.  This aircraft really does have character.  Good old Valom.  First a Firebrand TF.5, now the Viking. 

• Like 4

On 10/24/2019 at 6:47 PM, cngaero said:

That's a great choice by Valom and there's a nice variety of colour schemes which can be applied to it. 

Valom, together with Mach 2 and Sword have been rolling out some much needed RAF and Fleet Air Arm types to help us loosen the hinges on our wallets. Let's encourage them all further by buying their kits whenever we can. 

Not forgetting Amodel with the Jetstreams, and Doves.... good times for British Aviation modellers indeed. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Radleigh said:

Not forgetting Amodel with the Jetstreams, and Doves.... good times for British Aviation modellers indeed.

I should have remembered Amodel, since I bought both of those earlier this year along with the two sets of transfers by Caracal for the Dove. 

As you said, it's certainly a good time to be a British aviation modeller. 

• 2 months later...

Dear Valom, would you please consider Vickers VALENTIA as next Britt Big Bird?

It would be also nice of you if it will be Vickers Warwick!

Cheers

J-W

Edited by JWM

9 minutes ago, JWM said:

It would be also nice of you if it will be Vickers Warwick

You'll have to queue behind my Varsity though 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JWM said:

It would be also nice of you if it will be Vickers Warwick!

Cheers

J-W

Very happy with the prospect of a Valetta and hence a Viking! Many years ago I built a Contrail Victoria, hardest project I have ever done but I was happy with the result. I would love to see one and a Valentia but not sure if Valom would want to go for it or would be able to mould the thin section wings and complex strutting! A Warwick would be very interesting though, 

I have always thought it is a very elegant design, with airborne lifeboat would be a great project!

PS wouldn't mind a Varsity too, my Aeroclub one is past its best!!

Cheers, Paul

• Like 1

I certainly will get one or two, I have the S&M kit, but although seems accurate and nicely detailed it is a resin kit, and I much prefer vac form and injection moulded kits, but will fit in nice next to my Aeroclub Varsity

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Another boxing announced - ref. 721?? - Vickers Valetta T.3

Source: https://www.facebook.com/208070375871052/photos/a.208144655863624/3098837583460969/?type=3&theater

box art

86807343-3098837586794302-13066983461691

V.P.

It's a pity that there isn't an emoji for drooling! 

That just teeters over into the "must have" bracket. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2020 at 3:03 PM, 71chally said:

In these days of ultra precision digital art, it is great to see a really well executed 'arty' painting like that!

Is the first boxing released yet?

But what's going on with its wing roundels?

Ooops.  Just noticed the paintbrush.  A work in progress.

Edited by Meatbox8
Coz I need to look closer

• 4 weeks later...