Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Roger Newsome

Hobby Boss 1/48 KV-1 Model 1942. "Simplified turret".

Recommended Posts

Although I'm not a massive fan of over the top heavily weathered models I couldn't resist having a little go myself, just for the fun of it...... just this once. 😁

20191022_160333 20191022_160314

 

 

20191022_160350

 

20191022_160221

 

20191022_160152

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s one very nice build, great skills shown on a very war wary wagon :goodjob:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

That’s one very nice build, great skills shown on a very war wary wagon :goodjob:

Thank you very much. 

This is the first time I've had a go at anything as well weathered as this so the real credit goes to all the people who have taken the time and trouble to post tutorials on YouTube. I watched a few and then went for it. 😀

Roger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can any WW2 Russian tank be over weathered?! :)

 

Whatever, I really like the finish you've got on this one, nice work! 👍

 

Keith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Can any WW2 Russian tank be over weathered?! :)

 

Whatever, I really like the finish you've got on this one, nice work! 👍

 

Keith

Ditto

Mohawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's has come out really well!

 

After your early doubts its absolutely paid off, brilliant, paint and weathering. 

 

Great work

Darryl 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

That's has come out really well!

 

After your early doubts its absolutely paid off, brilliant, paint and weathering. 

 

Great work

Darryl 

 

Thanks very much Darryl.

I'm already contemplating another go at something similar, just to put into practice the lessons learned. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might call it over the top, but it's more like a parade ground finish compared to the condition of some of the tanks on the Russian front. It's a great model and done in such a short time. Nice one.

 

John.

Edited by Bullbasket
typo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

You might call it over the top, but it's more like a parade ground finish compared to the condition of some of the tanks on the Russian front. It's a great model and done in such a short time. Nice one.

 

John.

Thanks very much John.

Finished with about a week left of the trip. Now what am I going to do? Only one thing really.... research the next project. 😀

Roger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye up Roger,

 

Great work on the worn whitewash and weathering. Proper worn and mucky job that! 

 

Regards,

 

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Aye up Roger,

 

Great work on the worn whitewash and weathering. Proper worn and mucky job that! 

 

Regards,

 

Steve

Thank you very much Steve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A very nice grubby, muddy, weary vehicle. 
 

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Buzby061 said:

A very nice grubby, muddy, weary vehicle. 
 

Pete

Thanks Pete, much appreciated. 

Roger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that has had a hard life what a great finish 👍🏻

beefy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You really have done stunning job with that!!! Absolutely brilliant weathering! Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

You really have done stunning job with that!!! Absolutely brilliant weathering! Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

 

54 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Absolutely splendid job roger

Thank you both very much.

When I get home in leave next week I plan on dropping down to 1/72 just to see what I can do. 

Roger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Roger Newsome said:

When I get home in leave next week I plan on dropping down to 1/72 just to see what I can do. 

By the looks of this kv you'll make the step down to 72nd look very easy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hewy said:

By the looks of this kv you'll make the step down to 72nd look very easy

I'm not so sure about that Hewy but will see. I'm pretty enthusiastic about what I have planned which is always a good start.

Roger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mostrich said:

Great modelling, weathering, and outstanding photography. What's there not to like?

 

Thank you very much.

I'm glad you mentioned the photography because I was quite pleased with it myself. It's nothing fancy, just two sheets of A4 paper and the camera on my Samsung tablet. 🙂

Roger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A tablet camera? Now that surprises me. I'd had bet on a SLR. The only thing that reveals the short focal length is the slight lack of depth of field.

But that is easily manageable with a cheap compact camera and a tripod. Non the less well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mostrich said:

A tablet camera? Now that surprises me. I'd had bet on a SLR. The only thing that reveals the short focal length is the slight lack of depth of field.

But that is easily manageable with a cheap compact camera and a tripod. Non the less well done!

It surprised me too! Thanks again. 🙂👍🏼

Roger.

Edited by Roger Newsome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...