Hobby Boss 1/48 KV-1 Model 1942. "Simplified turret".

2 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Thatโ€™s one very nice build, great skills shown on a very war wary wagonย :goodjob:

Thank you very much.ย 

This is the first time I've had a go at anything as well weathered as this so the real credit goes to all the people who have taken the time and trouble to post tutorials on YouTube. I watched a few and then went for it. ๐Ÿ˜€

Roger.ย 

43 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

That's has come out really well!

ย 

After your early doubts its absolutely paid off, brilliant, paint and weathering.ย 

ย 

Great work

Darrylย 

ย 

Thanks very much Darryl.

I'm already contemplating another go at something similar, just to put into practice the lessons learned. ๐Ÿ˜‚

You might call it over the top, but it's more like a parade ground finish compared to the condition of some of the tanks on the Russian front. It's a great model and done in such a short time. Nice one.

ย 

John.

Edited by Bullbasket
typo.
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

You might call it over the top, but it's more like a parade ground finish compared to the condition of some of the tanks on the Russian front. It's a great model and done in such a short time. Nice one.

ย 

John.

Thanks very much John.

Finished with about a week left of the trip. Now what am I going to do? Only one thing really.... research the next project. ๐Ÿ˜€

Roger.ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

You really have done stunning job with that!!! Absolutely brilliant weathering! Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

ย 

54 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Absolutely splendid job roger

Thank you both very much.

When I get home in leave next week I plan on dropping down to 1/72 just to see what I can do.ย 

Roger.

10 hours ago, Roger Newsome said:

When I get home in leave next week I plan on dropping down to 1/72 just to see what I can do.ย 

By the looks of this kv you'll make the step down to 72nd look very easy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mostrich said:

Great modelling, weathering, and outstanding photography. What's there not to like?

ย 

Thank you very much.

I'm glad you mentioned the photography because I was quite pleased with it myself. It's nothing fancy, just two sheets of A4 paper and the camera on my Samsung tablet. ๐Ÿ™‚

Roger.ย 

A tablet camera? Now that surprises me. I'd had bet on a SLR. The only thing that reveals the short focal length is the slight lack of depth of field.

But that is easily manageable with a cheap compact camera and a tripod. Non the less well done!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mostrich said:

A tablet camera? Now that surprises me. I'd had bet on a SLR. The only thing that reveals the short focal length is the slight lack of depth of field.

But that is easily manageable with a cheap compact camera and a tripod. Non the less well done!

It surprised me too! Thanks again. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Roger.

Edited by Roger Newsome