Bristol Blenheim Mk.1 Yugoslav Airfix 1/48

Thank you Gentlemen ;)

The scheme is quite unusual in bare metal. it comes from the excellent book of Aleksandar Ognievic "Bristol Blenheim The Yugoslav story".

I was quite disappointed with this kit: the conception is great but the production is quite poor (parts bended, flaws on root wings,..). It seems to be product in hurry.

A warning: don't use all the parts of Eduard's interior photo-etched fret: if so you can't close the fuselage. It's also better to glue half canopy to half fuselage before inserting cockpit.

Cheers

Pierre

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pierre Giustiniani said:
39 minutes ago, Reini78 said:

Good to see a different scheme, nice job! :clap:

and it was hard to achieve a decent result

Looks like you got a pretty decent result to me!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MarkoZG said:

Nice build with just one remark. Blue on the tail should match the blue on the roundels.

How 'bout we cut Pierre a little slack and consider the blazing Yugoslav summer sun faded those wing roundels? Seriously, Pierre- this is an excellent model- the riveting and realistic bare metal finish really make the Blenheim a stunner! Wish Airfix had gotten the engine nacelle contours right on the 1/72 version, but happy for you 1/48 modelers that Airfix corrected their mistake. (We God's own Scale modelers are still trying to figure out the beat way to fix this on the piles of Airfix kits we have sitting on our shelves.)

Mike

A little late to the party, but my second favorite Blenheim would have to be L1348, he Mk 1 modified for PR use- the clipped wingtips and streamlined nosecap are really distinctive. See page 12 in the linked Profile for her photo. (I'm betting @tonyot either has a finished one sitting on his shelf or on his 'to do' list!)

https://rclibrary.co.uk/files_titles/2229/Profile_093_Bristol_Blenheim_I.pdf

• Like 2

Thanks a lot

Blue of the rudder has been faded; More close to the blue of the roundels (those are maybe a little bit too light).

48947575693_470933f9ef_b.jpg

Nacelle contours seem to be good, but the hatches were not. i don't know why Airfix represent them in "negative" and in the wrong position. Same for wing's hatches. Resolved with Archer hatches.

48948016001_fd6302db7a_b.jpg

Cowling flaps were modified also. On the early Mk.1 no air intake on the top of the nacelle.

Cheers

Pierre

Edited by pierre Giustiniani
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 72modeler said:

A little late to the party, but my second favorite Blenheim would have to be L1348, he Mk 1 modified for PR use- the clipped wingtips and streamlined nosecap are really distinctive. See page 12 in the linked Profile for her photo. (I'm betting @tonyot either has a finished one sitting on his shelf or on his 'to do' list!)

https://rclibrary.co.uk/files_titles/2229/Profile_093_Bristol_Blenheim_I.pdf

No I don`t have a PR Blenheim Mk.I,..... but I do have a couple of these great little Airfix Blenheims and it is nice to see Pierre has sorted out the cooling gills to make them more accurate,... something quite a few people have missed. This is a superb Blenheim.

Cheers

Tony

• Like 2