American Airlines Airbus A319 in 1/144

On 28/10/2019 at 20:54, Challenger350Pilot said:

Nice baby bus, Alistair! You're cranking out quite a few from your assembly line...its kinda hard to keep up! This one looks just fine. I am still amazed that you are hand brushing your models. Looks really nice for hand brushing. really admire your patience too on mixing the pant to get to the finish that was right for your eye. Looks really good in the photos. I understand that American is no longer using the "lustre" finishes, with the small metallic flakes...just straight gray...which is going to make it easier for those of us that lack the patience you have demonstrated! Nice going!  

Thank you. It did take a bit of patience, as getting it close was difficult to do... I didn’t know they were going to be using straight up grey from now on, which like you said would make it a lot more straight forward...I have a few projects on the go, I wish I could exhibit better will power but once I get an idea I want to get started on it right away...

Regards,

Alistair

On 28/10/2019 at 16:05, Gimme Shelter said:

yum - looks brilliant - a nice choice of livery too. Being London based, this is one of the tiddler liveries I don't get to see, so its good to see one in 1/144 instead

Thank you, it is a lovely livery... yeah the baby bus would struggle to make it across the pond in it’s full config...

3 hours ago, Turbofan said:

You're not alone Alistair! 

There was a recent discussion about multiple projects over on Chat. It's very much a personal thing but I know I couldn't restrict myself to working on only one model. Four or five active builds at different stages is my usual quota.

• Haha 1

On 01/11/2019 at 22:39, Skodadriver said:

There was a recent discussion about multiple projects over on Chat. It's very much a personal thing but I know I couldn't restrict myself to working on only one model. Four or five active builds at different stages is my usual quota.

I have about 3 on the go, and I’m even tempted to start another... I was going to make a start on the Flybe E195 but AA have sold out of the Cabin Window decals for it which is a pain ☹️... I might try and make a start with the 744 BOAC decals later if I can stay awake (been at work since 0310 haha)... nothing that a cold one and an evening of decaling can’t fix lol.

Regards,

Alistair

6 hours ago, Scotsman07 said:

I have about 3 on the go, and I’m even tempted to start another... I was going to make a start on the Flybe E195 but AA have sold out of the Cabin Window decals for it which is a pain ☹️... I might try and make a start with the 744 BOAC decals later if I can stay awake (been at work since 0310 haha)... nothing that a cold one and an evening of decaling can’t fix lol.

Regards,

Alistair

That's annoying but it might be possible to use the 170/175 sheet. It has enough windows to do a 170 and a 175 so there would be plenty for a 195

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

That's annoying but it might be possible to use the 170/175 sheet. It has enough windows to do a 170 and a 175 so there would be plenty for a 195

That’s an idea... I might do that then 😀. Almost finished my BEA A319 and started decaling the 744 BOAC...