Wellington Mk.IC

Wait! I've effed up horribly! Shellicool's build is the Italeri kit. Somehow I got it in my mind that it was the Airfix Mk. VIII. 

Sorry!

Chris

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

With the decals sealed in I began fixing the pre-built undercarriage in place. This was still extremely fiddly, as the struts dont fit properly into the wheel wells (one of many parts on this kit that simply don't fit!). However, with a lot of muttering I finally got them glued into place. 

IMG_20200308_102831 IMG_20200308_102822

Then I fitted the propellers and spinners in place and popped the aircraft in the spray booth for a blast of Vallejo satin varnish. 

IMG_20200308_170323

With the varnish drying I only have to add the aerial wires and the build is complete. 

• Like 7

With the antenna wire attached the build was complete. I have to say it hasn't been one of my favourite builds, mostly because of the quality of the kit, but it has come together and looks ok. 

IMG_20200310_175752 IMG_20200310_175733 IMG_20200310_175810 IMG_20200310_175831

I will post a few more pictures in the ready for inspection forum. Thanks for joining me. 

Edited by Shelliecool
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

I've noticed that the guns in the front turret splay out a bit. Is that a fault with the kit? I haven't looked at mine that closely yet.

Chris

I found neither of the turrets fitted together Chris (the clear pieces especially), and as a result tried to make the best of a bad lot. 

Thanks, 

Michelle. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Shelliecool said:

I found neither of the turrets fitted together Chris (the clear pieces especially), and as a result tried to make the best of a bad lot. 

Thanks, 

Michelle. 

Thanks for the heads up. I have an old MPM Welly Mk.Ic and if I ever build that, I'll be on the look out. But, if I desire a Mk.Ic that badly, I'll build my Airfix kit first, followed by the Trumpeter kit next.

Chris

• Like 1