Airfix 1/48 Blenheim K7133 44Sqn

10 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

So they are?? I need to have my eyes checked! I cannot see any recessed guide holes where they are supposed to go which seems a little odd. Thanks for the reply. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Glad it wasn’t me then, I never noticed any guide holes when putting it together. I found a photo of the rear one that lines up with the lower foot hole which was my starting point for drilling holes :)

6 hours ago, WhitleyZ6743 said:

What a beauty, can't wait to see her in the flesh 🙂

She will be at Telford on the BC sig display if you get over

2 hours ago, Paulaero said:

Fantastic bit of work needs to be on some grass and get a few B&W photo's...…...

I’ve got a base with some basic static grass but forgot to use it for the photos doh!

thanks for the comments guys :)

Woody

very nice build - probably my favorite WW2 a/c given the number of books I’ve bought on this subject. You mind telling me who’s Dark Earth and Green you used. I like the contrast vs some manufacturers colors. Thanks 

Charlie 

• Like 1

WOW,...... That looks amazing Neil,...... I love the pre war scheme you`ve chosen too,....... you`ve inspired me to get mine started!!!

All the best mate,

Tony

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cduckworth said:

Woody

very nice build - probably my favorite WW2 a/c given the number of books I’ve bought on this subject. You mind telling me who’s Dark Earth and Green you used. I like the contrast vs some manufacturers colors. Thanks 

Charlie 

6 hours ago, mick b said:

Excellent as always Neil and at least you have managed one build this year which is 100% more than me! 😂

Like Charlie I’m curious to know the make of paint? All Tamiya?

Mike

3 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Superbly finished Blenheim!

Time to start building WW2 twin engines again! 

Very nice. Oh & what paints have you used on this by the way?

Martin

Thanks guys :)

I used Tamiya's XF-81 for the green and Mr Hobby's H72 for the dark earth.

4 hours ago, tonyot said:

WOW,...... That looks amazing Neil,...... I love the pre war scheme you`ve chosen too,....... you`ve inspired me to get mine started!!!

All the best mate,

Tony

Looking forwards to seeing what you do with it mate, what are you planning? I'm wanting to do a Finnish one when I do another and got a CA Mk.IV that will be in Free French OOB markings

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woody37 said:

Looking forwards to seeing what you do with it mate, what are you planning? I'm wanting to do a Finnish one when I do another and got a CA Mk.IV that will be in Free French OOB markings

Hoping to do a pre war one based in Singapore for mine,..... with B Type markings and huge codes. A Finnish one will look brilliant,..... and for your French one,...... the cross of Lorraine was blue,....... red ones were not allowed as they looked too much like red cross ambulance markings!! 

All the best mate,

Tony 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Hoping to do a pre war one based in Singapore for mine,..... with B Type markings and huge codes. A Finnish one will look brilliant,..... and for your French one,...... the cross of Lorraine was blue,....... red ones were not allowed as they looked too much like red cross ambulance markings!! 

All the best mate,

Tony 

Looking forwards to it mate, I know you'll produce a gem. The blue cross is in the kit IIRC

• Like 1