Airfix 1/48 Blenheim K7133 44Sqn

Thats just lovely Neil. I really love these pre Munich crises colours and think it suits the Blenheim very well. Now I've got this same kit however just wanting to know where you managed to get those small under fuselage bombs, it's a great touch for this period of aircraft. 

Cheers and very well modelled.. Dave 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stringbag said:

I'm in total agreement with Smithy on this one Neil.  Well up to your usual high standard.  Glad that at least one of us has their mojo back.

Chris.

Thanks for the kind comments guys, just glad I’ve got something over the line 😂

hope you're well mate? How’s the A300 coming along?

5 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Wow! Neil, that's some awesome work. I love the way you've painted the exhaust collectors.

Could you please tell me your method?

Chris

Hi Chris, I used Tamiya dark copper with a bit of rubber black mixed in and airbrushed on. Seems to give quite a realistic look

4 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Thats just lovely Neil. I really love these pre Munich crises colours and think it suits the Blenheim very well. Now I've got this same kit however just wanting to know where you managed to get those small under fuselage bombs, it's a great touch for this period of aircraft. 

Cheers and very well modelled.. Dave 

Hi Dave,

the bombs are in the kit, I just drilled out the rear of them as they rare moulded solid. Yes these early schemes are quite refreshing, so much yellow in there!

cheers

neil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, woody37 said:

... the bombs are in the kit

So they are?? I need to have my eyes checked! I cannot see any recessed guide holes where they are supposed to go which seems a little odd. Thanks for the reply. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1