Heather's Workbench - Belgium, 1940

2 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

I think I’m more likely to head down a trompe l'oeil effect.

I think my picture must be a bit misleading/rubbish. It is my attempt at a trompe - black cutout, spot of red or green then light grey in the corners. Totally agree that one doesn’t want to start sawing away at the wingtips of completed models!

I’m bracing myself for the orange triangles...

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

Da's 'ne schone verzameling, die U daar heeft. :goodjob:

Thank you. :like:

Obviously, although being a europhile, I’m British. I had use the interweb to translate for me. :blush:

• 9 months later...

Hi Heather,

I've just found your Belgian build thread, and thoroughly enjoyed reading through it. The Renard R31 is particularly nice, and I can see one coming my way in the not-too-distant future! It reminds me in many ways of the Westland Wizard, with the central pylon for the parasol wing. There are a few AeM builds that I'd like to have a go at, although I don't think I'll be tackling a Battle any time soon.....

I've found the Belgian Wings website, which is quite interesting, but one of the other thread contributors mentioned photographs of Belgian Hurricanes, however, there doesn't seem to be any link on Belgian Wings any more. In fact, the vast majority of the 1919-1940 aircraft types are un-linked.

Do you have any further AeM builds planned?

Kind regards,

Mark

1 minute ago, 2996 Victor said:

I've found the Belgian Wings website, which is quite interesting, but one of the other thread contributors mentioned photographs of Belgian Hurricanes, however, there doesn't seem to be any link on Belgian Wings any more. In fact, the vast majority of the 1919-1940 aircraft types are un-linked.

Do you have any further AeM builds planned?

To answer your last question first, yes I have. I am mulling a Fiat CR.42, and I have a resin kit of a Fairey Fox "Kangourou".

The BW site was moved to a new host late last year. Like all hobby things, it’s taking a while for the content to be reuploaded. Daniel is doing his best, I think, so I will remain patient. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Heather Kay said:

The BW site was moved to a new host late last year. Like all hobby things, it’s taking a while for the content to be reuploaded. Daniel is doing his best, I think, so I will remain patient. 

That makes perfect sense! The Gladiator section is excellent, so patience will be a virtue!

I'll be keeping an eye out for the CR42 and Fairey Fox.

Kind regards,

Mark

1 hour ago, Heather Kay said:

To answer your last question first, yes I have. I am mulling a Fiat CR.42, and I have a resin kit of a Fairey Fox "Kangourou".

Just moments ago, I emailed Daniel, asking about when more photos will be uploaded to the site.

Chris

• Like 1

Just now, dogsbody said:

Just moments ago, I emailed Daniel, asking about when more photos will be uploaded to the site.

Chris

I emailed him earlier today, not directly asking that same question, though, but more generalities!

Mark

I've been following Daniels progress with his site on Faceache, he is getting though the different aircraft quite well. I was please he had the Harvard pages done for my Heller Harvard build.

@Heather Kay, I've just found this page after it's revisitation, no idea why I missed it first time, I'll blame Covid, there, done & dusted. :) I like your Belgian subjects, I'm keen to do some as well.

Steve.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

with his site on Faceache

Well, I hope he does complete the web site as well in due course. I gave faceache the heave-ho a couple of years ago, and do not want to be dragged back any time soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

I've been following Daniels progress with his site on Faceache, he is getting though the different aircraft quite well. I was please he had the Harvard pages done for my Heller Harvard build.

@Heather Kay, I've just found this page after it's revisitation, no idea why I missed it first time, I'll blame Covid, there, done & dusted. :) I like your Belgian subjects, I'm keen to do some as well.

Steve.

Hi Steve,

I found Daniel's Facebook page yesterday and sent a request. Hoping to hear back soon!

I wish I'd found Heather's page sooner, and I can only agree with you - Heather's Belgian subjects are quite excellent, aren't they? As with all her models, I must add.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heather Kay said:

Well, I hope he does complete the web site as well in due course. I gave faceache the heave-ho a couple of years ago, and do not want to be dragged back any time soon.

Can't say I blame you - I've been thinking the same for a while, but I still find it quite useful for things like Daniel's page (assuming I'm accepted!) and the Spitfire AA810 restoration.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

. I gave faceache the heave-ho a couple of years ago, and do not want to be dragged back any time soon.

I like to think that I use it rather than it used me but I'm likely kidding myself. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...