" Akagi wreck FOUND TODAY !!! !

73north

The wreck was discovered on 20 October and is about 1300 miles north-west of Pearl Harbour and sits at a depth of 18011 feet ( 5490m )  and is upright on her keel and is largely intact.

Incredible discoveries and it will be interesting to see further footage.

I felt sorry for the poor guy being interviewed and getting cut off before he even got started in the interview clip. Got to love news programs!

Steve

• Thanks 1

Agreed . Frankly its ignorant treatment and the main reason I love youtube is where the people get properly interviewed .

Just wish in 2020 they discover and dive IJN Shinano or the HMS Barham and Kelly in the Mediterranean .or HMS Glorious in the Artic 

On 10/30/2019 at 8:37 AM, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

I’d be surprised if there’s much left of Barham, in view of the well-known film of her exploding as she rolled over.

I expect she'll look much like Hood's wreck. She clearly broke into two main sections with much of the midships destroyed. That video clip shows the bow of the ship fully inverted slipping backwards under water below the smoke cloud which rather obviously implies that the stern was doing the opposite on its own. Still, I would like to see the wreck location discovered and respects paid.

• Like 2