Tamiya 1/12 scale Martini Porsche 935 Build

After paint tidy up....

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

then moved on to wheels and tyres...added some valve caps, scrubbed 'em in and painted some detail....all avoidant behaviour because I don't fancy attacking the glazing!!!!

spacer.png spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Peter Milgate
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Been busy recently so not much progress. Decided to try to fit lights...these are a simple set of LED's designed for RC cars and trucks. 

My final vision is to mount the car in a case, probably simulated concrete floor/garage or workshop walls so hiding power wires should't be too much of a headache...

Chose to light inner/lower fronts as it provided more room (and I think I saw an image with these lights on during a race meeting)

Following images show temporary fittings...very much a work in progress...

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png  

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Peter Milgate
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So decided to get back on horse....starting back on front light fittings. Had originally decided to go with no 'reflector bowl' around working light as in pic one, but decided to change this and after a messy attempt to drill holes in dishes, ended up with a right mess. These required gluing back together and were painted with a chrome pen. The lights do look better with the larger surrounds, although no particularly scale considering the lengths I've gone to on the rest of the vehicle, but I do like them lit!!!

spacer.pngspacer.png spacer.pngspacer.png

Then moved onto to do some bonnet? furniture.....

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

So each bonnet corner has six PE pieces base plate, 4 x bolt  heads ans 1 x locking pin. Looks really cool in real life !!!

spacer.png   

I've been using avoidance techniques really well to enable me not to go near any glazing so jumped in with completing doors, and as expected it went pear shaped...self fulfilling prophecy ahoy....managed to get glue smear on both side windows (what I expected and feared!!) This caused much swearing and annoyance, despite my best efforts to avoid, I still managed to mess it up. I have subsequently commenced on a long term polishing project to remove said blemishes, which are still visible but this is a work in progress so please don't judge me!!! Doors are built with window surrounds, gap on one side due to poor test fitting and old parts manufacturing (more me than Tamiya)

spacer.png spacer.png

Another couple;of little jobs, glazed cockpit dials with Clearfix (again difficult to get across in photo but looks stunning in reality, not that anyone will see them once completed....) and added turbo air ducts to NACA ducts with two zip ties. Would have been better with screw up cable hose clamps but don't have any post fire. 

spacer.png spacer.png

So some progress with odds and sods, will start washing and weathering wheel arches etc next and sort wiring for lights etc. I have placed front wires as  close to bonnet edge as possible, painted in white to blend so should not be too obvious once assembled.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Beginning to work on base sizes and considering building spare engine to add to display plan. Should anyone reading this require any spares, I purchased a complete kit solely for the bodywork and wheels so have an untouched engine and turbo/fuel tank sprue etc. 

I'm thinking of concrete hard standing in workshop setting, perhaps parked over old style ground pit (to place mirror in) potentially spare motor on trolley, posters on rear walls etc. ...

Edited by Peter Milgate
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Redstaff said:

Me too, but the earlier pics are still there ok 🤔

Ian

22 hours ago, Coors54 said:

Sorry Peter, big grey blocks instead of pictures all with spacer.png in them.

13 hours ago, Kirk said:

Same for me still. :(

Hope my technical savvy has fixed pic error...all visible now on son's PC....?

Lovely work Peter, I have one of these stalled because the glass mouldings are so poor, they've got flow runs in them and look shocking. I had detailed it in a similar manner to yours (without lighting though) but hadn't looked at the glass until late in the build.:swear: How are your main screens?

I know I should look to buy some replacements but a combination of fear that the replacements will be the same or worse and a sad lack of enthusiasm have consigned it back to the stash.

I look forward to seeing the end result.

Dave

Edited by Coors54
  • Like 1