Cross Kit General Lee 1969 Charger-Progress-01/22

Thank you guys for all of the comments and looking in. 

Today saw the completion of the engine bay prep. The one thing I couldn't get over was the clear windshield washer bottle out of the box. A little weird but I guess they were trying to appeal to the average modeler.

spacer.png

I made the necessary corrections to it and managed to finish up the engine bay today. Shock studs and retaining nuts were added to the shock towers, brake lines were fabricated and added and I brought out the highlights of the steering column with a silver lead pencil. Anyhow ....here's the engine bay all prepped for that 440 engine to be installed hopefully shortly....

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by mustang1989
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t know how I missed this one! 
I’m a committed Mopar man, you’ve nailed the floorpan, engine bay & interior details.

The kit looks very accurate in most places, better than I would have thought, you happy with it? 

The paint is awesome 😎 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Adrian. Sorry for the late reply. I am VERY happy with the kit. Goes together very easily and has a TON of details. 

Ok fellas. Now I can move ahead with the rest of the build now that I've got this part out of the way. I may come up with another air cleaner out of the stash as I'm  feeling kind of "meh" about this one. But I'll call this completed.....for now.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

Thanks Adrian, 

Man....I just had to change that air cleaner. It was bugging the crap out of me. Sooooo…...I dug around in my stash and found a Dodge Dart spare parts kit that I forgot that I had tucked away deep in the stash and came up with a correct air cleaner for a 440. I cleaned it up and shot a coat of Molotow Chrome on it through the ol' airbrush and ….Presto....my problems were solved.

Engine now installed into the bay:

spacer.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mustang1989 said:

Thanks Adrian, 

Man....I just had to change that air cleaner. It was bugging the crap out of me. Sooooo…...I dug around in my stash and found a Dodge Dart spare parts kit that I forgot that I had tucked away deep in the stash and came up with a correct air cleaner for a 440. I cleaned it up and shot a coat of Molotow Chrome on it through the ol' airbrush and ….Presto....my problems were solved.

Engine now installed into the bay:

spacer.png

Yeah that looks much better, good call!

can you get scale pie tin decals for them, like Magnum, TNT, Command, 440 etc? 

Thanks Adrian. I had two but they both fought me to the bitter end. I've used one before on another 440 that I built and had fair luck with that one but for some reason I went through two I had and I finally just threw in the towel on it.

spacer.png

Edited by mustang1989

• 4 weeks later...

I'm to the point that I'm now working on the grille/ front end of this bad boy. I can't really fit anything into the engine bay as far as the radiator core support (which has now been extensively modified to fit. Don't ask folks....I really don't know what happened with the fit of everything up front. All parts were test fitted prior to even painting and it all fit perfect. Now ...the front fenders have to be spread in the front some to get the brace and hood to fit. Weird.

As far as the grille goes, there's some more mods that I'm doing. Looks like the inserts from the MPC kit turned around backwards fit perfectly in the openings that I cut out of the grille. I've still got some filling and sanding to do to get rid of those nasty ejector pin marks but that's not really a worry of mine. I cut the PE grille inserts out and test fitted. Looks like it's all a "go" at this point. One more side to go...…..

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok......I've been throwing everything I've got at this one for the last week and haven't made very much progress on it but it's been a lot of little things that all add up to the bigger picture.

Engine bay is......finished!!

spacer.png

And I've got everything done here except for some work on the hood, some R/T badges, windshield wiper install and custom exhaust tips.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

On 1/22/2020 at 2:47 PM, Spiny said:

That looks very nice, but the engine bay in particular is superb.

Thanks bud. I'm finished up with this one and it will now be in the Ready for Inspection area. I'm contemplating buying another hood altogether for it though because I'm not just real thrilled about how it shaped up with the rest of the car. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235067095-cross-kit-general-leeish-1969-dodge-charger-rt/