Flying Art - LOT "Krakow" Embraer 170 in 1/144

On 24/10/2019 at 21:58, Turbofan said:

Hi John,

Looking forward to this one but it'd look so much better on an AA Trident which is miles ahead in almost every way!

Cheers,

Ian

You're not wrong there Ian!

The thing with me is that I enjoy trying to improve the old kits, so I guess I like the process more than the end result.  Like you say, Dave's Caravelle was lovely, and I'm already eyeing up an Airfix one and a set of 'early' SAS decals.  Looking forward to his DC-9 as well, and just hoping he does it with a cheatline!

Cheers

John

48 minutes ago, Viking said:

You're not wrong there Ian!

The thing with me is that I enjoy trying to improve the old kits, so I guess I like the process more than the end result.  Like you say, Dave's Caravelle was lovely, and I'm already eyeing up an Airfix one and a set of 'early' SAS decals.  Looking forward to his DC-9 as well, and just hoping he does it with a cheatline!

Cheers

John

Livery for the DC-9 is currently a three-way choice between ATI, Adria and Turkish red tail. Looks like I might have to move ATI into pole position!

Ooh yes ATI please Dave!

I once flew on an ATI DC9 Brindisi to Rome and the cockpit door was open all the way of course I spent the whole flight leaning into the aisle trying to watch what was going on in the cockpit!

I've wanted to make a model of one ever since but never got round to it.

Cheers,

Ian

I somehow missed this one as well. A great looking result as always Dave. I build one years ago in the JAL livery. Since KLM has bought E175's, I should really build a new version (Authentic Airlines this time though).

Out of interest Dave, who did you choose this particular livery? Just because it is so nice looking? I'm always interested in people's reasons for choosing particular liveries.

On 26/10/2019 at 00:43, Turbofan said:

I also have the Revell 190 which may be finished in KLM colours.

Yes please :). I already build the E190 in KLM colours, but as stated not yet the E175. How about a duo build Ian? 😛

46 minutes ago, Malair said:

Out of interest Dave, who did you choose this particular livery? Just because it is so nice looking? I'm always interested in people's reasons for choosing particular liveries.

Thanks for your kind comments Martijn.  I saw the real SP-LDC at MUC I think in 2011 and fell in love with the livery on the spot. When I ordered the kits via HLJ I ordered the Nazca decals at the same time. I really don't know why it took me so long to get round to building the model but I've mentioned a couple of times that I am gradually building my way through the European "flag carrier" airlines and when I decided it was time to add LOT to the collection SP-LDC was the obvious candidate. 

Incidentally I have just started an E190 but at the moment the livery is undecided - possibly HOP which I see regularly at EDI or Ukraine International just because I like it and think it really suits the Embraers.

Dave

1 hour ago, Malair said:

How about a duo build Ian

Hi Martijn,

It's a good idea but at my current rate you'll be finished way before me! I'll let you know when I've cleared the bench a bit more. I really need to finish my Varig DC10.

When I've had loads of time I've had no money but now I've got more money I've got no time! 

Cheers,

Ian

Ps sorry I've hijacked your thread again Dave! 

Edited by Turbofan