Yak 25 & 27 colors

nsmekanik

Stepping out of the box I've picked up Amodel's Yak 27 K-8. which uses Humbrol color call outs, which it does not give for much of anything.  I have looked at the Bobcat instructions for the Yak 28, and I'm wondering if the colors called out in that kit would be close or does anyone have a better suggestion as to what the colors should be for the landing gear bays nose and cockpit.  Gunze Tamiya and Vallejo are my preferred paints but I am open to suggestions, pics would be most welcome (not much on google)

Tim

Edited by nsmekanik

Hello Tim

A tough one, as I understand only three Yak-27 K prototypes had been built, and two of them had been brought to K-8 standard. There are some b/w photos of these two aircraft around, but none of them shows plane's cockpit or nose undercarriage bay. Photos of Yak-28 P show cockpit as light to medium gray with slight blue tinge. The same colour can be seen on radar antenna and nose interior of a Yak-28 P, photographed on production line. V. Roman's book about Yak-28 PP gives an interior colour as pigeon gray (интерьерный голубой). Unfortunately this colour has been interpreted as similar to FS35231 (AMT-11), FS35237 (AMT-12), FS36320, FS26375 etc. Not much, but I hope it helps. Cheers

Jure

• Thanks 1

Just in case you have not already found them here is a Yak-25 walk around, and another one of Yak-25 M here. Then there is a video about Yak-28 here which includes two colour photos of pilot's cockpit at 4:12 and 6:32. While emphasis is on black instrumental and side panels, gray colour in question can also be seen. It is not a Yak-25 or Yak-27, but chances are cockpits of those two types had been painted the same way. Cheers

Jure

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2019 at 2:35 PM, Jure Miljevic said:

A tough one, as I understand only three Yak-27 K prototypes had been built, and two of them had been brought to K-8 standard. There are some b/w photos of these two aircraft around, but none of them shows plane's cockpit or nose undercarriage bay.

Was little series probably 5 or maybe 10 (?) aircraft this type.

In late 70  was live 2 Yak-27 interceptor.

One was in Irkutsk late 70, after was scrapped, no photo this aircraft save:

Jak-27.jpg

Now live only one.

Firstly "24 red(?)"

0_12939e_2b173c02_XXL.jpg

0_1293a5_70a1ebc_XXL.jpg

Now "05 yellow"

Yak-27_Vapniarka.jpg

B.R.

Serge

Edited by Aardvark
  • Thanks 1