A Summer Where the Bad Light Stopped

Just reading through, paint work looks to be excellent! And at such a high rate of speed, too.

Regarding screw-ups and dashing Mrs. P’s hopes of a 3rd... was that recently? As in after the Great Kitchen Debacle? They have the audacity to say we’ve got a screw loose???

Best of luck with the housing situation!

• Haha 1

Very nice paintwork there, I am intrigued by the paper masks you have used off the net (especially with the word 'free', living in Yorkshire for 46 years and being married to a native, some of the thrift is beginning to rub off). 

Stick with two for the sake of the planet and your sanity. We made a conscious decision that two was enough

Edited by Mr T
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ooooh, lovely jubbly camo PC :)  See, I can do 1970s too (but not disco!) 

Good luck with the house and the top markings - fingers crossed for you here!

• Thanks 1

Got a little more done in the last two nights. 

IMG_20191212_211551

I used Colourcoats Roundel Red, rather than their RAF/FAA Red, which I hope was the right choice, but right or not, it sure looks great. 

IMG_20191212_212903

I've painted the blue and white on the fin flash, so I hope to polish the rest of that off tomorrow, and then start on the fuselage roundels.

• Like 24

Just now, Harley John said:

Apologies for the above as it fails to express my admiration for all the other modelling skills you've shown us.

What, did I link to other peoples' threads?

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, rob85 said:

It must be said your paint is looking very smooth, is colour coats enamel, I’ve forgotten as I’m sure I’ve asked this question before.

It is, handily the best paints I've ever used. I am getting a bit nervous because apparently the US distributor is in ill-health and there hasn't been a restock in a while...

2 minutes ago, rob85 said:

thats some fine masking too, faultless! 

Always helps to buy skill rather than acquire it through hard work, I find.

• Like 3

Those roundels look perfect to me and I must say the camo colours look most excellent, too. Those Colourcoat colours are great. Maybe I'll order some from Jamis for my Hurricane. Is there any issue with getting them sent by mail to North America?

Chris

3 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Those roundels look perfect to me and I must say the camo colours look most excellent, too. Those Colourcoat colours are great. Maybe I'll order some from Jamis for my Hurricane. Is there any issue with getting them sent by mail to North America?

Chris

They can't be shipped overseas to retail customers, but H & B Hobbies in Massachusetts distributes and ships them in the USA and Canada. Unfortunately, their stock is currently a little low, and the owner is experiencing some hopefully temporary ill-health, so they're not too fast at shipping out right now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1