Mozzy builds a Mozzy or two

Mozzy19

15 hours ago, OutcastJoel said:

Looking very nice! Did you rectify the seatbelts or are you learning to love it?

I managed to squeeze the belts in before I glued the canopy on. They don’t quite sit as well as they would usually do, but it’s close enough :whistle:

Sean

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Annoyingly one of the seatbelts has worked itself loose and is now rattling around the cockpit :angry:.

Anyway, I’ve sorted out the seams using Mr Dissolved Putty and Mr Surfacer 1000 and then sanded back and polished. I’ve used Tamiya Fine White Primer as it will make it easier for me to do the D-Day stripes.

20191125_220039

20191125_220028

Sean

• Like 2

I’ve managed to get the ocean grey applied. As I’m using Humbrol enamels I had quite a bit of time to kill between the coats drying, so I’ve used that time to resurrect a long stalled build.

20191130_211142

Sean :pilot: 

• Like 2

Thanks fellas.

It got two coats of Revell Aqua gloss after I’d smoothed the paint down with micromesh. I then applied some of the decals. The exhausts have also been fitted as well as the prop tips being painted yellow.

20191206_220327

This kit is really turning out to be a very satisfying build.

• Like 3

Decals and weathering now complete. I’ve had a bit of a disaster with the matte varnish, I held the spray can too close in a couple of areas resulting in a pooling of varnish. This has then reacted to the underlying paint. The varnish has also got an orange peel finish to it. So now I’m gonna leave it for a day to all dry out properly then it’s back to good old micro mesh and repairs... :doh:

20191207_195706

The underside hasn’t been varnished yet so at least that went well...

20191207_195746

20191207_195738

And finally a picture showing the damage.

20191207_195819

Note to self, stick to what you know and use Humbrol matte rattle cans.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, FPDPenguin said:

Great work. Shame about the varnish. I've had that happen a few times mixing paints or using some tin of laquer I've found at work. Interested in how you go about fixing it. As I might try out what you do 😅

I’ve had a go at it with some very fine grade sanding sponges and micro mesh, I think it’s rescuable :pray:

Sean

• Like 1

I briefly returned to the 82sqn machine today. It was pointed out in the RFI that most 82sqn aircraft had a small area on the nose painted flat black to reduce glare.

20191210_145227

So that was added this morning.

Sean

• Like 1

Following that brief interruption, I cracked on with the B IV and finished it this evening.

20191210_210341

20191210_210429

The base needs some finessing but nothing major. I’ll break out the photo booth at some point and get some proper pictures.

• Like 2