Lebenese SM.79

What a superb looking build. I never did treat myself to the old Airfix SM.79, although I always fancied it. You have turned it into a rather unusual but very attractive replica.

Nice one indeed.

Terry

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

What a superb looking build. I never did treat myself to the old Airfix SM.79, although I always fancied it. You have turned it into a rather unusual but very attractive replica.

Nice one indeed.

Terry

Thanks Terry. I understand Airfix are re-issuing this kit this year so go for it, its a lot of fun to build.

Martian 👽

Masterfully done! I’ve been following on and off since the beginning, many months ago, and impressed with all the scratch work that’s been involved. Bet you’re happy to see it finally complete. 
-Bill

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, billn53 said:

Masterfully done! I’ve been following on and off since the beginning, many months ago, and impressed with all the scratch work that’s been involved. Bet you’re happy to see it finally complete. 
-Bill

Thanks Bill. I am pleased to get her done and the way she has turned out. Usually I don't really like my builds for a month or two after I have finished then but unusually I do really like this one. After Telford, I shall be looking to see what can be done with another old kit, subject yet to be decided.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

After Telford, I shall be looking to see what can be done with another old kit, subject yet to be decided.

(Cough) Blackburn x2......

This one really is a beauty, you've excelled yourself. An interesting subject, beautifully modelled, and with the added bonus of an unusual and very eye catching scheme. Top notch!

Ian

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Spitfire31 said:

Superb build and finish!

Wouldn't have minded larger format photos…

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks Joachim. The pictures are the size they are as a while ago @Mike asked people to keep the size of their pictures down a bit to save on the site's capacity.

17 minutes ago, Mig88 said:

A wonderful job indeed!! It looks great and it's very nice to see it in a different scheme.

Miguel

Cheers Miguel, It was the scheme combined with the type's appearance in the film "They Who Dare", that sold the subject to me in the first place. I also remembered the kit very fondly from my childhood.

8 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

(Cough) Blackburn x2......

This one really is a beauty, you've excelled yourself. An interesting subject, beautifully modelled, and with the added bonus of an unusual and very eye catching scheme. Top notch!

Ian

Thanks Ian, I have had great enjoyment, both from the kit and sharing it with the BM massive.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

a while ago @Mike asked people to keep the size of their pictures down a bit to save on the site's capacity.

Sort of true.  We asked people to keep their photo sizes in check (1024x800 max), and pay special attention to the size in terms of kilobytes.  We've seen photos of 2mb and more, which take forever to load into the page, and make people think the site's broken when it's in fact waiting for the photo to download ⏲️ Keep your photos around 200kb or less, and your fellow members will thank you 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, occa said:

She looks gorgeous in these colors and markings, simply fantastic !!!

Thanks Occa, she could be better but she only started out as a quick (ish) mojo build. It just sort of got out of hand. Tends to go with the territory with my builds.

31 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Thats a beauty, MH :)

Martin

Cheers Martin.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hewy said:

An eye catching scheme that looks bang on ,especially for an old un,( the kit i mean :giggle: ),nicley displayed too

Thanks Hewy, much appreciated.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

That's a fantastic build Martin and shows just what can be done with these older kit's with skill and patience definitely an inspiration

with this kits re-release due.

• Like 1

Rich and savoury food for the eyes Martian - those colours and scripts definitely single this out as one of my favourite builds.

Maximum plaudits. :clap2:

Brave of you to display it on your chest wig like that.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

What a splendid looking model. I like that very much.

Thanks Vinnie, it is a model I have wanted to do for some years and when I discovered there was a decal sheet available at Telford last year, it was a bit of a no brainer.

3 hours ago, JWM said:

That is very tasty looking model! Well done from not the best kit ;)

Congrats!

J-W

Cheers J-W.

3 hours ago, stevej60 said:

luThat's a fantastic build Martin and shows just what can be done with these older kit's with skill and patience definitely an inspiration

with this kits re-release due.

Thanks Steve, strangely, I didn't find the build that taxing. Probably because I have always liked the kit.

3 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Rich and savoury food for the eyes Martian - those colours and scripts definitely single this out as one of my favourite builds.

Maximum plaudits. :clap2:

Brave of you to display it on your chest wig like that.

You are too kind your Baronesship, although if you keep being rude about the Martian chest, I shall get Mrs Martian to post a picture of the real item to the distress of many! 🤮 I trust you have your party frock ready for Telford?

3 hours ago, woody37 said:

Gorgeous build, love the scheme too, something different from a camouflaged one :)

Thanks Woody, I guess I could never be accused of sticking to the mainstream!

2 hours ago, noelh said:

Great looking. It's like something out of a Tin Tin comic. 

Cheers Noel, thinking about it, you are right. It would be a shoo in.Where did I put those Thompson Twins figures?

36 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

That looks superb.  Always an attractive aircraft but this scheme really brings out its character.

Thanks Meatbox, I think its the best scheme I have seen the type in.

Martian 👽

• Like 3