Trumpeter Stryker Mortar Carrier

BlackMax12

AndrewCJ50

I haven't painted the tires yet. I sanded the hell out of them with 80 and 100grit sandpaper which

is the only way I have found to make paint work. I will probably just give them some Light Sienna

pigments from here on when I get back to this. Working on a Russian S-300V 9A83 SAM launcher and it 

is proving to be a complicated build The yellow/green/black camo scheme on that one is going to be a chore.

• 1 year later...

Looks great - brilliant job. I'm swithering over which Stryker to go for between the couple of Trumpeter options. I presume you can tuck the mortar away and close up the top hatch if you want to? I see from the instructions available online that it looks like the mortar is spring loaded - but you can lock it down to keep it fully enclosed  in the hull? Or does it not naturally pop out of the hatchway anyway? Thanks!

Edited by ModelMonkey
Fingers working faster than brain

having built 1 Trumpeter Stryker (ESRV with Mineroller) I so want this one as well... think next time I am in the market for a new kit it may go to the top of the list

• 2 weeks later...

That does look good. The only thing I see that is wrong is the circular metal step rim ( part A-30 ) on all of the wheels, where as in reality there is usually only one and thats on the front wheel on the vehicle. Trumpeters instructions says to apply A30  to all eight wheels, but Trumpeters instructions are incorrect and you can not be blamed for this error. This isn't negative feedback but just an observation.