Discovery XD-1, 1:144 (Moebius)

Hi!

Finished this model this evening. Its been augmented with Greenstrawberry's Fruit Pack, which consists of a photo etched cockpit kit, a resin and photo etch hangar and resin EVA pods. In addition I've used VoodooFX's lighting kit to spice things up a bit. My first adventure into lighting a kit, and it will happen again.

The kit itself went together without incident, parts fits well, nothing particular. Assembling all the cargo canisters were tedious though.

I haven't put a tremendous amount of effort into making the shades of grey match that of the original, not least because the panel lines on the model seems to have little in common with what is seen in the movie. But, it rather looks like the Discovery, and that was good enough for me on this project.

Sorry about not getting a full, un-hindered, view of the model, but such is my display cabinet and so long is this beast, it couldn't be helped. And in some of the photos, the containers along the spine aren't aligned properly. I haven't glued down everything on this model, as I'd rather be able to disassemble it if need be. It sits well on its display base as it is.

ZotROGJjpO7edAM_BKjxjFUgHtOSxdCNtY6bWHTj

iraRFWNG6dXtvoEO2vpHXNMd7ajpMhK_5xWCY2he

The Mercury-Redstone to the right, is in the same scale (New Ware resin kit, btw)

rvAtHykaQGPfy4aAMIOWiFz4Y2QeAkB_cspSB5n7

9PqRy577PqDTyXFYurghvY0FoO5DCv4XhEIz2GJh

Difficult to get decent photos of the hangar, with the different colour temperature of the LEDs, depth of focus and all.

_b0Z1KZuSLJKduYj6dTRyR0kdf_SpQUJ1uhRHVl1

Arild

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

OMG - a built version - there was me thinking this was one of those massive boxed kits that modellers only bought but never actually built - my model club mate has bought this kit too but I don't expect to see his built for a good while yet so its great to see what a smashing job you have done here.

• 3 weeks later...