Iron Maiden Spitfire

Paul J

23 minutes ago, Paul J said:

I see that Revell re jumping on the band wagon of Iorn Maiden anniversaries wihe their 1/32 Spitfire I with Eddie in the cockpit.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/RV5688

Thanks for the Heads up on this.

While it's not quite what I hoped for, I love the 666 serial number,  but I did wonder if there might be some gratuitous moans about the "Shoot the focke" nose art.

• Like 1

:weep: 1/32nd scale...?

Revell ought to learn about this and make a 1/48th scale kit for me. :lol: Oh, it wasn't legislator Victoria Donda the one who thought about honouring the Maidens - Victoria can't even spell out "ashtray" properly in English, and she doesn't have a single album by Iron Maiden I don't see how they can affirm that she has spearheaded the accolade... :rolleyes:

Besides, that legislator, Victoria Donda, likes Heavy Metal music as much as I like Tropical music  :doh: She hasn't even been to the gig at Velez Sarsfield Stadium on the 12th of October...!!

It's been the fans who proposed their honouring; that Donda chick is actually a turncoat and a fake.

Yeh, she is...

Cheers,

Unc2

PS: I wish Bruce had enquired Vicky what the lyrics on The Rhyme Of The Ancient Mariner go about...  :rofl2:

Hmmm....might have made more sense to model the same plane (mk9) that they have 90% scale model of flying over the stage.

of course if you’re going to model Aces High accurately you need to reproduce Derek Riggs’ mistake and give it a yoke 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wombat said:

Hmmm....might have made more sense to model the same plane (mk9) that they have 90% scale model of flying over the stage.

Was it meant to be a Mk 9 ?

s I've mentioned before, to me it looked like a spitfire .............  pretty much ..!

21 hours ago, Whofan said:

Was it meant to be a Mk 9 ?

s I've mentioned before, to me it looked like a spitfire .............  pretty much ..!

There’s a video on YouTube of Bruce getting very nerdy about it and how he TOLD them it’s not a BoB version... to be fair I don’t think rivet counting and inflatable models are a natural fit!

1 hour ago, wombat said:

There’s a video on YouTube of Bruce getting very nerdy about it and how he TOLD them it’s not a BoB version... to be fair I don’t think rivet counting and inflatable models are a natural fit!

I see danger ahead using a riveting tool ................................

• Like 1

.....I suppose the Eddie figures might have been a little lost in the smaller scales, and maybe Revell have a shed load of the 1/32 Spits to shift. (I was up for loads when I first saw the kit announcement....then I bought one! 🤔

• Like 1

Thanks Paul J, as a big fan of the band I think I'll need to get this one, even if it is out of my chosen scale. Scale Aircraft Modelling can be fun too, right? This looks right up my street, nice one.

The actual Iron Maiden stage show Spitfire is just a generic show balloon/blimp, no particular mark or variation :) Its just a generic big inflatable Spit that is a fun thing to see at their shows when they play Aces High.

I went to see Iron Maiden last year and this was the song as the inflatable Spitfire appeared over the band ... it was good fun indeed, one of Iron Maidens best tours ever for so late in their career.

Not my recording, someone else's from You Tube ... please don't use this Spitfire as reference material Guys :)

Edited by One 48
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 11:24 PM, invidia said:

Going to have to get one of these, but why couldn't they do it in 1/72, only so I can dogfight with my airfix motorhead bomber!!!!

Cue Revell reissue of the 1/32 Heinkel He-111 with Motorhead Decals in Special Edition Dogfight Double with the Iron Maiden Spitfire! 😏😂

Allan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/22/2019 at 1:37 AM, One 48 said:

Thanks Paul J, as a big fan of the band I think I'll need to get this one, even if it is out of my chosen scale. Scale Aircraft Modelling can be fun too, right? This looks right up my street, nice one.

The actual Iron Maiden stage show Spitfire is just a generic show balloon/blimp, no particular mark or variation :) Its just a generic big inflatable Spit that is a fun thing to see at their shows when they play Aces High.

I went to see Iron Maiden last year and this was the song as the inflatable Spitfire appeared over the band ... it was good fun indeed, one of Iron Maidens best tours ever for so late in their career.

Not my recording, someone else's from You Tube ... please don't use this Spitfire as reference material Guys :)

Ah but it has symmetrical underwing radiators iirc... the Rock in Rio tv stream is on YouTube though it’s not the best direction or camerawork. Waiting on a Blu-ray....