1/72 Revell Arado Ar-555 Luft '46

So here is part 2 of my recent Luft '46 builds.

Imagine, if you will, that Germany, during the dying days of World War II, was the first to discover the atomic bomb. 

With the threat of submarine deployed nuclear suicide strikes off the coast of American cities, the War in Europe was brought to a swift and terrifying stalemate.  This allowed Germany to rebuild and re-arm itself.  Aircraft that once were wooden wonders and mere blueprints suddenly became modern, sophisticated and deadly predators of the sky.

Here we have the Arado Ar 555 advanced long range nuclear capable strike bomber.  Improved jet engines now allowed this aircraft to strike any target on a global scale and with compete freedom.  Advanced lightweight  alloys were used in the construction, improving aerodynamics and range. 

Bold red tails signified this as a nuclear weapons platform.

The dawning of a new age was amongst us.....

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

My recent Luft '46 builds together:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers all,

Phil

• Like 32

I love the build and finish. I love the alternate history. But one thing. If the Germans had nukes I would assume that the number available in the beginning would be rather small. Designating a bomber as a “nuke platform” would draw a lot of attention from the Meteors and P-80’s stationed in Europe, making their job easier.  (Or maybe by then the Americans and British have disarmed??)

Edited by 28ZComeback
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Wow that scheme is beautiful! I love the German Tin Triangle, I really must build one one day... Is that 229 also 1/72?

Also is there a WIP thread on here for this?

Cheers bud, both are 72 scale.

No WIP for this one.  I have done WIP threads in the past but find that they take up quite a bit of time to keep on top of.  

20 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

If the Germans had nukes I would assume that the number available in the beginning would be rather small. Designating a bomber as a “nuke platform” would draw a lot of attention from the Meteors and P-80’s stationed in Europe, making their job easier.  

I think that's the point of the paint scheme - to be noticed to function as a deterrent to future war. It's reminiscent of the Hindenburg and other pre-war aircraft, flexing the muscles of the German war machine.

On 10/19/2019 at 10:15 PM, Booty003 said:

Imagine, if you will, that Germany, during the dying days of World War II, was the first to discover the atomic bomb. 

That is very lucky that they did not done that! But it was not only a question of luck. This was because the were not able to win this race, because they had wrong ideology which removed hundreds of best physicist of those years from Germany to America and UK... Of course this is is a subject for a book not for a single post, but it was not only "by chance" that they did not cunstruct A bomb... 

• Like 2