Valom Vickers Wellesley Mk1 1/72

Built this one a couple of years ago. Really nice kit. I couldn't get hold of the Matchbox one at the time so ended up having a crack at this short run kit. Finished OOB and brush painted with Vallejo paints. No weathering as i wasn't brave enough at the time,  plus there's not a lot of engraved panel lines to enable a pin wash etc. Thanks for looking 🙂

IMG_20191019_165134

IMG_20191019_165339

IMG_20191019_165420

IMG_20191019_165256

Edited by binbrook87
  • Like 28

5 minutes ago, Learstang said:

Nice job! I like the collector ring - what paint did you use? This is a kit I'd like to buy, as part of my East African Campaign collection.

Regards,

Jason

Thanks! I used Revell Aquacolor Copper metallic. Its a bit thick so needs to be thinned, would be better airbrushed i think.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, binbrook87 said:

Thanks! I used Revell Aquacolor Copper metallic. Its a bit thick so needs to be thinned, would be better airbrushed i think.

Airbrushing often looks better for metallic colours, I've found, but that looks good - it certainly looks like copper.

Regards,

Jason

The collector rings were not made out of copper. They were a stainless steel that got to a brownish colour through heat staining from the hot exhaust gases inside the ring.

Chris

• Thanks 1

Nice result. This machine was from squadron based in Sudan (Khartoum), so one can expect some bad condition of paint on real thing, but apparently she underwent some refreshment of paint as can be noticed from that photo. So do not worry about not doing  weathering...

Vickers-Wellesley-Mk-I--RAF-Photo.jpg

Cheers

J-W

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JWM said:

Nice result. This machine was from squadron based in Sudan (Khartoum), so one can expect some bad condition of paint on real thing, but apparently she underwent some refreshment of paint as can be noticed from that photo. So do not worry about not doing  weathering...

Vickers-Wellesley-Mk-I--RAF-Photo.jpg

Cheers

J-W

Thanks for the comments guys. Love the photo of the real thing. Interestingly it shows the canopy fitted.. but slid back. On some other photos of Wellesleys the canopy seems to be missing altogether...hence why i left mine off

• Like 1