1/72nd Arma Model Hurricane Mk.I, 85 Sqn, Battle of Britain, flown by Canadian pilot Flt. Lt. Harry Hamilton

Thanks fellas,..... and yes Hans,.... it certainly look like a belt of bullets,...... it was obviously an armourers thing,.... but then they were always a bit strange!!! 

Cheers

Tony

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Very nice result and interesting variation of a regular pattern of camo. The spots (brush touches) between Mgs and landing lamp  and then wave on leading edge on this photo 

imageproxy.jpg

looks a bit darker then rest od sky undersides. You've done it sky, but what else you've been considering, that it might be? There is similar spot on engine cover. 

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hairtrigger said:

Magnificent result....   My wife recently bought me the MK1 Navy colours version, yet to start it, but it looks a good model no flash and finely moulded.

Have you done the later Airfix version if so how does it compare?

Thank you,..... you`ll love the Navy version,.... I helped research the decals for that one and built the one on the box art in 1/48th scale on here a few yeas ago, I think I included some pics o the original aircraft too,..... if that scheme interests you. For the 2nd scheme,....I would use C Type rounels under the wings and not the larger A Type`s as provided,..... although the A Type`s are correct for the first one with the Popeye artwork.

I have built the later Airfix kit,..... but this is an earlier fabric winged variant and so these kits compliment each other. The Arma kit is probably the best out of the two I would say. 

Cheers

Tony 

14 hours ago, Steve27752 said:

Hi,

I love your Mk1 Hurricane VY-H. Is it okay for me to post the armourers pics on a RAF re-enactment Fb page that I am a member of?

Regards,

Steve

Thanks Steve,..... yeah fill yer boots mate. 

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JWM said:

Very nice result and interesting variation of a regular pattern of camo. The spots (brush touches) between Mgs and landing lamp  and then wave on leading edge on this photo 

imageproxy.jpg

looks a bit darker then rest od sky undersides. You've done it sky, but what else you've been considering, that it might be? There is similar spot on engine cover. 

Cheers

J-W

I understand what you are saying and I did consider using what is probably red oxide paint along the outer wing leading edge,...... but as other aircraft from the same unit at this time had very wavy demarcations along the wing leading edges I felt that I wanted to replicate this too,..... call it artistic licence! The spot on the engine cowling I replicated as a paint chip. In one of the pics the spinner could also be interpreted as possibly red,.... but I opted for black.

All the best mate,

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, tonyot said:

Thanks fellas,..... and yes Hans,.... it certainly look like a belt of bullets,...... it was obviously an armourers thing,.... but then they were always a bit strange!!! 

Cheers

Tony

As ever Tony, nice work and great paint job.

I would suggest the armourers belt is a short section of linked cartridges, readily available for joining partial belts. Particularly useful in a fast turnaround/battle situation. Kind of an 'on the job' tool of trade.

Edited by Fredag
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Superb build and finish Tony,there's a good few of these Arma kit's turning up now I think an investment in one is due,I still for the

life of me can't think why Airfix have still not released a new metal wing Hurricane a no brainer money wise for them!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fredag said:

As ever Tony, nice work and great paint job.

I would suggest the armourers belt is a short section of linked cartridges, readily available for joining partial belts. Particularly useful in a fast turnaround/battle situation. Kind of an 'on the job' tool of trade.

Cheers Fredag,..... yeah I think you could be right there,..... although armourers are still a strange bunch!! 

1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

Nice one, Tony

Thanks mate. 

1 hour ago, Grey Beema said:

Great model Tony.  Love the historic detail..

Thanks bud,.... glad you like it mate.

27 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Superb build and finish Tony,there's a good few of these Arma kit's turning up now I think an investment in one is due,I still for the

life of me can't think why Airfix have still not released a new metal wing Hurricane a no brainer money wise for them!

Cheers Steve,..... yeah they are well worth getting,...... and more we buy the better the chance of later versions too!! Airfix were told about the metal wing,...... but they waited,...and waited,.... and Arma took the chance and beat them to it,...... at least we have a decent kit at last.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Another beauty, Tony.

Did the rear view mirror come with the kit or is it a scratch job?

Chris

Thanks Chris,...... re the rear view mirror,....well yes and no,......unfortunately a correct part isn`t provided for this particular aircraft,.....so I whittled the rear view mirror from a section of sprue. I don`t remember seeing a normal one in the kit, not even in the etched parts,.... which is a shame. 

5 hours ago, Hewy said:

Really a sterling job tony,it looks a great model

Thanks Hewy,..... it is a lovely kit, highly recommended.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bedders said:

Lovely job Tony. Interesting paint scheme too. I have one of these in the stash at need to start it. This is great inspiration!

Justin

Thanks Justin,.... you`ll love the kit,...... just take your time joining the wings to the fuselage and have a few dry runs first,..... otherwise,.....it is easy peasy....... have a great time!

4 hours ago, woody37 said:

Really unusual demarcation line but quite refreshing as a result. Love the weathering and the little touches like uneven gun muzzle patches, you’ve pulled off another stunner :)

Cheers Neil,...... you know me and my penchant for something slightly different,....... glad you like it bud. 

• Like 1