Tamiya 1/24 Taisan Porsche 911 GT2

Hi there

so another finished kit and although this is an old kit from Tamiya I thoroughly enjoyed the build. The decals were a bit thick in places and took some work to conform but I got there in the end. The last two pics show the 911 sitting along side my Tamiya Jagermeister Porsche I built a couple of years ago I think they make a nice pair. I have tamiyas 1/12 Jagermeister Porsche on its way across the ocean looking forward to building that one.

Thanks for viewing 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Thanks it's nice to compare the two considering the 2 year gap between building them

Andy, the Porsches are great - usual for you. But I offer a well-meaning tip about the photos.

You have two (small) cars covered in graphics but photoed them against a cluttered, colorful background. To better show them off, I suggest a plain, simple background and base like a white/black or gray foam board or any similar plain large surface which covers the whole area behind the car(s).

Much easier to enjoy your details and fine paint jobs.:smartass:

IMG-6617-HI-2.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Another lovely model Andy & a cracking pair of Porkers! I think Codger brings up a valid point though, your models do deserve to be shown off in some 'tidier' photos!

Very nice work again though!

Keith 

I agree Keith to be fair I never realized how important the photos are when showing a finished kit. From now on I will be using a neutral background for my photos.

Regards Andy

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, andmarsh said:

looks amazing - i actually bought this kit yesterday 🙂

It's a great kit to build and plenty of decal practice with this one !

1 hour ago, andmarsh said:

can i ask did you paint this Gloss black from Airbrush or Cans??

Im thinking about the The Tamiya TS-14 Black Spray Paint 

Tamiya TS 14 is a good shout though I used Tamiya LP gloss black through the airbrush.