Bring me Sunshine.

A bit of work done on the gun pack, and photos are few and far between, also I don't have the AP for the Gun Pack but I've scraped enough info together from the B(I)6 and minor repairs AP's to give it a reasonable stab.

This photo shows the floor of the pack, the front part is a deceptively complex shape which has given me some problems in working out, but I think I’ve got it pinned down.

spacer.png

John  

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, exdraken said:

Great work!

Thanks, glad you like it.

23 hours ago, Mikey-1980 said:

Looking great there!

Thanks Mikey, I hope I can keep up my enthusiasm.

23 hours ago, stever219 said:

That’s looking marvellous John, beautiful workmanship.  Now you need a really good Canberra kit to do it justice.

Thanks Steve, I agree about a new Canberra kit, but I really can't see it happening in my lifetime,so I'll just have to keep plugging away at the Airfix kit.

John  

• Like 1

Hi John

Well, you know how this pans out, I turn up late ( as per), throw apologies your way like beers at a Christmas party  and congratulate you on a fine ongoing build.

Nice to see you back in the commanders chair and giving another Canberra masterclass, it was nice to catch up with you at Telford and see more of your Canberra Air Force. I have not yet started the Canberra I spoke about to you, I have the small task of 3 Sea King 'copters' to finish yet but this does allow more research time.

Happy New Year by the way.

I am now strapped in for the ride....

Gary

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mikey-1980 said:

Every faith amigo! 

no pressure then 🙂 

21 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Hi John

Well, you know how this pans out, I turn up late ( as per), throw apologies your way like beers at a Christmas party  and congratulate you on a fine ongoing build.

Nice to see you back in the commanders chair and giving another Canberra masterclass, it was nice to catch up with you at Telford and see more of your Canberra Air Force. I have not yet started the Canberra I spoke about to you, I have the small task of 3 Sea King 'copters' to finish yet but this does allow more research time.

Happy New Year by the way.

I am now strapped in for the ride....

Gary

Hi Gary good to have you along, it's never too late, especially as I've not really got stuck in yet. It was good to catch up, it's one of the few chances we get to put faces to names. 

John

• Like 1

Today's task, the Gunpack servicing stand, this is what I'll be using to display the pack on, like the photo @71chally  James posted on page 3. I've gone for copper wire as this is the most readily available material for me at the moment. The first task was to cut some lengths of wire to approximately the correct lengths, the wire I'm using is some multi core Electrical Earth wire which is made up of a number of twisted strands, the twists need to be straightened out, so the first job it to 'anneal' the copper. The first photo is the components on my soldering block ready to be heated. 

sSaSvN.jpg

This next photo shows the first three components to be soldered. I tend to avoid Lead solder if I can as I'm not a big fan, it does have it's uses but when I can I use 9 ct easy gold solder, this makes for a much stronger and neater joint, and I'm used to it! 

sSal0x.jpg

The next shot. all five of the cross members are now solderd, the are two diagonal parts to add, but I'll fix them with CA glue later along with various plastic card itunes. 

sSajXQ.jpg

Now that's done, the next step is to bend the frame into an arch, to get a nice even curve I bent the wire over my sizing mandrel, this way I could also make sure the two ends were the same size (Z+2) 

sSaa32.jpg

The next phase was to add the two large parts where the gunpack is connected to the frame, I used two parts from an old light fitting cut down for this, they are perhaps a bit over scale but needs must, as they say.

sSa3Ls.jpg

They were soldered to the frame, I'll drill them out later so I can pass a some wire through to attach the gunpack. 

sSarSJ.jpg

And lastly to give an idea of scale, here it is with a 1/48 scale Mr.

sSaByj.jpg

John

• Like 14

23 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Always good to see your long span RB57's John, they look incredible and were/are marvellous aeroplanes, that long wing just makes look almost futuristic.

Hi Gary, if they weren't such a pain to convert I'd definitely have a few more, the wings aren't so much of an issue as the engines. 

John

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

That's a lovely bit of scratch building on the service stand! 

Thanks Rob, I enjoyed the build.

5 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

That gun pack and service stand will supplement the kit beautifully John, it will add so much more to the display of the finished model.

Nice work.

Thanks HitC,

With the gun pack and bombs arranged around the aircraft it should give a good idea of the role equipment. 

John