Airfix 1/72 Hawker Hurricane Mk1

Another great kit from Airfix, the only problem being the misfitting canopy when open! Can't do much about that I'm afraid. Brush painted with Vallejo model color and decals from the excellent Xtradecal sheet 72-193 which provides numerous options. I do love the early pre war RAF schemes. Aircraft is a machine from no. 151 squadron in early 1939. Thanks for looking 🙂

IMG_20191013_232658

IMG_20191013_232558

IMG_20191013_232630

IMG_20191013_232612

• Like 21

1 hour ago, binbrook87 said:

Brush painted with Vallejo model color

Neat work.what Vallejo colours did you use? (good paint, awful for colour names and 'matches') 

You did miss the under fuselage light, just behind the radiator out though!   Amber tinted PVA would sort this though.  

I don't think the kitchen work top flatters  your work enough either.

otherwise,  :goodjob:

35 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

Neat work.what Vallejo colours did you use? (good paint, awful for colour names and 'matches') 

You did miss the under fuselage light, just behind the radiator out though!   Amber tinted PVA would sort this though.  

I don't think the kitchen work top flatters  your work enough either.

otherwise,  :goodjob:

Thanks for pointing the missing light! Oops! 🙃 I use these Vallejo colours for RAF, through trial and error. Ocean grey i just cannot match successfully so i resort to Tamiya for this one (but not the one that Tamiya suggest as it seems too dark?)

Dark earth 71323 or model colour 141,142
Dark green 71294 or model colour 95
Sky 71302 or model colour 109
Azure blue model colour 157
Extra dark sea grey 71110
Middlestone 71031
Dark slate 71309
Light aircraft grey 110 or 106 for lighter
Dark sea grey model colour 60 or 71273 (or 161 lighter but then similar to Ocean grey!)
Ocean grey Tamiya XF53 the only match so far!
Medium sea grey 71121 (but also try 71307 if used as upper surface camo with green...mosquito, meteor nf etc)

• Thanks 1

What a cracking model,.......looks great in the pre war colours too.

A tip for next time,..... I usually sand the doghouse area behind the pilots head down and test fit the canopy as I go,.... to ensure that it fits at the end,.... either that or a vacuformed canopy?

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1