Hornet/SuperBug/Growler STGB - 16 and growing

trickyrich

There’s so many great GB’s I’d love to enter and this is one of them! :yahoo:

I’m just not so clear on which build is when right now, but I’d like to enter this - if time permits with the other GB dates.

An early pre-superhornet single seat variant 1/48 hasegawa or kinetic

8 hours ago, Mig Eater said:

I've been planning to convert a Hasegawa F-18 into the Black Eagle from the game Red Alert 2, which is a F-18 with the the wings flipped & a single tail. I'm guessing this is too fictional/what-if for this GB?

It is a bit but there is a way around that. You could still join the build it's just that your model wouldn't go into the voting at the end. We've done that before with a couple of other builds. Means that you can still join in the fun.

I'll add you to the list if you'd like to do that, as it's a cool looking aircraft and great idea! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Yeah!

welcome along

1 hour ago, DaveJL said:

Count me in. Have a few more E/F schemes I'd like to do, starting with a VFA-22 jet from 'Inherent Resolve'

Dave

nice....and happy birthday!  🎂

44 minutes ago, Dansk said:

There’s so many great GB’s I’d love to enter and this is one of them! :yahoo:

I’m just not so clear on which build is when right now, but I’d like to enter this - if time permits with the other GB dates.

An early pre-superhornet single seat variant 1/48 hasegawa or kinetic

as this is a STGB it fell under a different different calendar, I'm not too sure but I think the STGB's for next year are done and dusted, Enzo the Great would know. My guess if we get the numbers that this STGB wouldn't be until the end of 2020 or even early 2021.

2 minutes ago, Arniec said:

Hmmmm another idea I like from trickyrich. 🙃 I have got two F/A-18's in my stash with the Blue Angels scheme.

So again count me in.

Cheers,

I was wondering how long it would take you to fun this! :D welcome to the list.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

I'll add you to the list if you'd like to do that

Sure that's fine, I'm here more for the comradery than the glory 😛

Edited by Mig Eater
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Arniec said:

Hmmmm another idea I like from trickyrich. 🙃 I have got two F/A-18's in my stash with the Blue Angels scheme.

So again count me in.

Cheers,

The Angels are switching to E’s and F’s in 2021 so thats a good future scheme. 

http://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2019/04/21/blue-angels-begin-the-shift-to-super-hornets/

Dennis

Hi Rich,

This looks like a good excuse to get out the 1/48 Hobbyboss F/A-18C and Syhart Swiss Tigermeet 2011 decals.  Count me in and I'll hope that if this GB does get off the ground it doesn't clash with anything else.

Mike

Edited by FortyEighter
Typo

Those that have multiple Hornets planned (and 1 of them is a Naval variant), maybe consider joining Rob's "In the Navy" GB with one of them as well.  Currently need a few more bodies to make it to the 2020 poll in a few days.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235010890-in-the-navy/

Once again, this note is for those thinking of multiples.  I do not want to pull primary builds from this GB, @trickyrichwould probably track me down and lynch me :hanging:.