Sea Harrier FRS1, XZ457/104-VL, No. 899 NAS, Yeovilton, 1980

Next one in my Royal Navy collection, the fabulous Sea Harrier! I'm already tempted to do a 1/48th one after this. It's a nice kit despite its age, and fits together really well, no filler needed at all.

After being delivered to the FAA in 1979, XZ457 subsequently fought in the Falklands War, by then painted in all over dark grey. After conversion to an FA2, it crashed in 1995 after a forced landing following an engine explosion at Yeovilton, but thankfully the pilot ejected safely. The aircraft was subsequently rebuilt at Boscombe Down for static display.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 14

Thanks! 

So far I've done an Attacker, Sea Venom and Sea Hawk, plus the Sea Harrier, with a Phantom on the workbench. They're loosely based on what we saw at the FAA Museum when we stopped there on the way home from Cornwall. 

I've got a Gannet, Wessex, Firefly and Wyvern to do yet. New Bucc S2C on the Christmas list. God knows how I'll ever get a Scimitar though!

Your 1/48 collection will be spectacular! I wanted to do these in that scale at first but it'd be just too expensive really. Looking forward to seeing yours on here though.

Built so far -

FAA aircraft flown by FAA Aces:- Skua, Gladiator, Fulmar, Sea Hurricane x2 , Martlet II, Martlet IV, Seafire II, Hellcat I x2, Corsair II x2, Seafire III, Firefly I, Hellcat II.

RAF Aircraft flown by FAA Aces:- BoB Hurricane x2, BoB Spitfire x2, Mosquito XIII.

In the Stash:- Skua, Fulmar, Seafire III, Hurricane Trop. Hellcat II.

Many more still to research.ll

• Like 1