***finished*** RAF Galaxy KC1 and typhoon

This might not happen, might not win the kit, might even wimp out given Ill be totally out of my depth when it comes to scratch building the parts but here goes. Premise is the RAF considered the B767 vs the A330 as tanker, in reality the ex-BA 763's were not suitable and the A330 got the not, instead the RAF opted for new build 763's in this reality with strengthened wing structure that helped with the real choice. Bog standard 767-300 kit, stratchbuilt refuelling pods 😱😱😱😱😱😱 and home design and printed decals 😱😱 for what can't be got from the spares box. I blame @stevej60, if he hadn't of opened the door to doing what if's by providing the skyhawk kit and then going and inspiring me further with his own A350 build 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Stu,I'm sure I have the refueling pods still from Revell/Matchbox Victor if they are of use.

No need, I have a set also, though I suspect they are too big, actually think it would be easier job than I first thought, sure there’s some smaller drop tanks as a base, cheers any way 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

This will be very kool and what a huge plane for tanking. 

Not as big as the current KC10 nor the 777 derivative that will likely replace it going forward, but a large aircraft, having been both on the shorter kc-767 and the slightly larger voyager myself 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 10:21 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

No need, I have a set also, though I suspect they are too big, actually think it would be easier job than I first thought, sure there’s some smaller drop tanks as a base, cheers any way 

One of those "what if" projects that are a what could be - hopefully the RAF would also have the good sense to fit the aircraft with a refuelling boom so it could also support its RC-135/Airseeker, P-8 Poseidon and current/next generation AEW platforms.

Plants seed of an idea and returns to his popcorn to watch the build develop

Despite my previous comments I have invented a plausible scenario that results in the presence of a boom, however I have  more pressing concerns, kits arrived and seems I went with a boxing that doesn’t have the rolls Royce engine sprue, though actually it wouldn’t use the same RB211s as per the kit in reality as that engine was out of production, so hopefully I can order some resin trents

48961133083_aaae4fe85b_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 3

Made a start on the easy bit of the build....still in circles over what to do with the engines in terms of what I chose though I did as a bit of fun fit a spare Trent 1000, suspect wouldn’t have suitable ground clearance would look cool. 

48967134448_5bb1912dba_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Getting there Stu, I have put together a couple of sets of the Braz engines and there is the inevitable putty involved from sanding the mating surface at not quite the right angle.

So glad I bid on eBay instead of just buying the rb containing boxing on kingkit now....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...