Time between Tamiya acrylic and Tamiya clear coats

Andy350

I must admit that I am unsure about Tamiya acrylics drying times, but I remember reading years ago that some paints vent vapours as part of their drying process, for a number of hours after they're applied. To play it safe, I would recommend that you leave the paint to dry for at least 24 hours. 

I've read that some old enamyls can still be wet to the touch up to two weeks after use (an extreme case, but apparently it happened). 

Chris. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

I must admit that I am unsure about Tamiya acrylics drying times, but I remember reading years ago that some paints vent vapours as part of their drying process, for a number of hours after they're applied. To play it safe, I would recommend that you leave the paint to dry for at least 24 hours. 

I've read that some old enamyls can still be wet to the touch up to two weeks after use (an extreme case, but apparently it happened). 

Chris. 

I've left it overnight, and will apply the gloss tomorrow before applying decals.  Might have to start the Nimrod waiting for this to dry!

Flat paints (talking strictly Tamiya acrylics here) are completely dry after a few hours. Glossy paints are best left at least overnight. If you're unsure hold your finger on the part (somewhere you won't see the possible damage) for a few minutes. If it feels tacky after a few minutes it's not dry enough. I'm speaking from my own experiences, others' experiences may vary.

• Thanks 1