Czech L-159A ALCA

Aero Vodochody L-159A ALCA

(Advanced Light Combat Aircraft)

212 Squadron, Czech Air Force

Caslav Airbase, Czech Republic, 2019

AIR_L-159_Top_Armed_lg

(Still haven't worked out how to centre photos!)

My inspiration for this one came from an air show in Slovakia this year where two of these arrived at an incredibly low altitude (way below what would be allowed in the UK) and put on a spirited display complete with flares.

IMG_3076

This is the 1/72 KP kit built from the box except for some added detail on the ejection seat and some Sidewinders and launchers from a Revell F-4F kit. It looks good in its finished state, but this is not a kit I would recommend because of the poor fit of the major airframe parts. Shame, because KP have gone to a lot of trouble to produce top notch surface detail. The kit gave me the impression that it was based on their old L-39 Albatross kit except for the surface detail. I used the kit decals which went down well though they are very thin and prone to curling up.

IMG_3075

IMG_3074

IMG_3070

IMG_3069

IMG_3068

IMG_3067

IMG_3077

Chris

• Like 18

4 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Excellent model of one of the most elegant looking jet trainers around.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Looks like a trainer doesn't it, but actually its a single seat fighter. The area where the rear seat is in the trainer version is taken up with avionics, nicely represented in the kit.

• Haha 1

Just working on the same model......hope will get near to your result.

As i know how this is complicated build, there are no 2 parts which goes easy in place........you managed it perfectly!

I like it very much and all compliments to your work

Best regards Djordje

Edited by djos

5 hours ago, djos said:

Just working on the same model......hope will get near to your result.

As i know how this is complicated build, there are no 2 parts which goes easy in place........you managed it perfectly!

I like it very much and all compliments to your work

Best regards Djordje

Thanks Djordie. The wing trailing edges just end up too thick which is difficult to sort without loosing surface detail. Also, be careful when you put the canopy on - mine finished up offset for some reason!