Combat Kits 1/72 Shorts Belfast and Blackburn Beverley due 2020

Combat Kits will be releasing a resin Shorts Belfast in 1/72 scale in Spring 2020. Based on the Magna kit, for which Combat Kits own the original masters, this has been significantly reworked and will be commercially cast, including white metal undercarriage, clear resin and screen printed decals. This will be followed by the Blackburn Beverley in Summer 2020. 

Thanks.

Colin

Edited by Colin @ Freightdog Models
  • Like 10

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd love to have both - question is where to put 'em if i ever made them.

I do have the Magna Beverley in the stash; its a big old heavy lump but then so was the real thing. If the Combat Kits Beverley is also a significant rework, along the lines suggested, and reviews are positive then I'd be very tempted to get it.

Rich    

• 1 month later...

A small update on the Shorts Belfast project, Combat Kits will have a test casting on display at the Bolton show this weekend. Only decal printing is still outstanding, Dave Little hopes to release the kit at the Cosford show in April. If your going to Bolton please take a look and see what you think.

Thanks, Colin   

• Like 4

On 1/19/2020 at 10:39 AM, fightersweep said:

April? Fantastic. That should give me time to save up. Will Heavylift be one of the decal options?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Saw the first resin shot that Dave had with him yesterday at Bolton, and no it won't have Heavy Lift decals just the RAF markings with all the names and Serials for their machines, The resin looked good and the fuselage has been broken down to multiple stepped sections to keep it practical and true the joins are not on panel lines so they can be filled and sanded flush and the mold lugs have been designed with surplus material for cutting with a hack saw rather than a razor saw. Only the landing gear remains in white metal and the upper cockpit is in clear acrylic.

Cheers

Geoff

• 6 months later...

Afternoon all, 

A quick note to say the Combat Kits resin Short Belfast C.1 in 1/72 is now available, only through Ebay initially but I will be taking orders soon.

This is very loosely based on the old Magna kit masters which Combat Kits own,  but in all honestly has only a passing resemblance having been completely reworked. I'm added the link to the Ebay page to show the parts images, if anyone wants to post the pics here or the the Rumourmonger section please do, I don't have any photo hosting at the moment;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Combat-Kits-Shorts-Belfast-C-1-Complete-resin-kit-1-72-scale/283962985004?hash=item421d834a2c:g:1IgAAOSwjTBfEfqA

The hold up with release has been decals, with the lock down and the limited production nature of the kit (only a dozen made so far), Dave at Combat kits hasn't printed the decals yet, and has instead included the old decals from the Magna kits which he still has stock of. He does hope to screen print the decals sometime later this year (the artwork is ready), and will sell them separately to those who want to use the new decals (so they are not included in the sale price, just in case they for some reason don't get printed for a while).

Any questions please let me know and I'll try to answer. Starting at £165 this is not a kit for the faint hearted, but is is very much more buildable than the old Magna kit, which often goes for more than £165 when second hand ones turn up on Ebay.     

Thanks, Colin      

Ebay link updated
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

The Combat Kits 1/72 Blackburn Beverley is now available via ebay, buy it now price of £170. A bit later than planned due to Covid. it has had a major overhaul from its Magna origins.

Search Combat Kits Blackburn Beverley C.1 Complete resin kit 1/72 scale on eBay

Component pictures on the ebay posting, this kit is not available anywhere else. Not my listing, sales are direct from Combat Kits.

Thanks,

Colin  

• Like 2