Similar kit to the Heller 1/8 traction avant

kpnuts

Hi kp, that's always a good excuse to get someone to buy you a nice kit 🙂 

Here's a link to the scalemates database regarding all 1/8 cars. A lot of Pocher kits so I'm guessing that's not similar money, and a lot of older kits too, maybe not currently in stock. Good luck!

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?q=*&fkSECTION[]=Kits&fkCATNAME[]="Cars"&fkTYPENAME[]="Full kits"&fkSCALE[]="1:8"

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, ocatlub said:

I have just bought one from Kent Models for £75 + £5.50 shipping. A bargain, I don't know if they still have them.

Wow you got yourself a sweet deal. Would have bought one too without thinking twice. I only find it on their site for £140 now.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2019 at 9:10 AM, dbostream said:

Wow you got yourself a sweet deal. Would have bought one too without thinking twice. I only find it on their site for £140 now.

Kent Models have it available on Ebay for £118 + shipping. 3 available

• Like 1

One of the previous posts said that the Heller Citroen Traction Avant was not 1/8 but 1/12. Actually it is 1/8. I had one that I sold on years ago. Heller also did the same car in 1/24th scale.

Out of interest the full size Traction Avant was also built at Slough in the UK.      As Michael Cane famously said "Not many people know that!'

Mention was made about the new Italeri 1/12 scale Alfa 8C 2300 Monza.     Really looks to be a nice kit and should be much better detailed than the old Airfix Bentley as it is a newly tooled kit. I have seen one or two pictures of this made up and it looks great. If Italeri are looking to make some of the older classic racers a Bugatti Type 59 would look really nice this scale or a Type 35 or 51.

Edited by Noel Smith